Office 365 Software Engineering SME
About the role
Software Development works across the software, product, or service delivery cycle to analyze, design, build, test, deploy and maintain multiple system components or applications of medium size and complexity for Avanade's clients and internal stakeholders.
As Senior Consultant, Solution Development, you will develop and test mission-critical enterprise solutions, including web services, enterprise portals and mobile applications. Operating independently within defined guidelines you will make a variety of complex decisions.
You will perform basic support and debugging, as well as maintain and repair existing applications. You will also be responsible for some management of people, projects and programs, contributing to the repository of intellectual property. You will assist in defining goals and policies for your area of work and be responsible for achieving defined targets.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Collaborate with and oversee the work of others in the design, development and implementation of client solutions
- Plan, analyze, design, build and test all phases of Avanade projects, occasionally leading more junior team members
- Define technical, operational and user requirements, create conceptual architecture and solution-design materials, and develop the solution against the design
- Develop and implement appropriate quality-control and testing procedures
- Coordinate with and leverages offshore resources
- Contribute in a limited fashion to project management activities.
You can supervise and lead small teams. You can learn new skills and specializations, and work independently to deliver results that impact the success of the whole team.
With three or so years of experience, your skillset allows you to manage your time and organize your workload on a daily and weekly basis. You also likely have a good understanding of project financials, profit and loss statements (P&Ls) and related metrics.
You can demonstrate key qualities including:
- Excellence in communicating and presenting complex information to technical and non-technical stakeholders, both orally and in written form
- Ability to work with global teams and interact with external clients in a professional growth market
- Advanced skills in analyzing, designing, developing, implementing and maintaining application code in a variety of contexts
- Development of client-based and web-based software solutions
- Demonstrated experience in application development, complex code development, application-testing and component design.
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 27,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Years of Experience: 3-6 years
Management Experience: None
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS or related field
Additional Area, Region or Service Line specific requirements:
Experienced leading small teams (1 to 5 resources)
Requisition ID - 54699
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Back to top