Office 365 Architect
About the role
The Infrastructure Consulting team designs, installs and configures enterprise technology architecture for Avanade clients.
The Office 365 capability ensures that we always remain at the top of our game when it comes to the latest Office 365 technology developments and services. With more and more of our customers moving to Office 365, we are looking for highly skilled Office 365 Solution/Technical Architects to join us who can bring deep expertise in solutions based on Microsoft Office 365.
You will be joining our UK Infrastructure Consulting practice as a Managing Architect, where you will be responsible for leading client delivery with Microsoft Office 365 technologies. You will also be involved in supporting our solution sales teams to shape and win our Office 365 engagements.
As a senior member of the practice, you will have wider internal responsibilities, helping to run our practice and develop our Office 365 capability in both technical and soft skills.
The role requires strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to effectively interact with both client technical teams and executives. To be successful, you must be able to independently plan, organize, prioritize, and manage tasks to deliver outcomes, work effectively under pressure, and meet tight timelines. Travel up to 80% is expected, typically domestically but some international travel periodically required.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Own delivery responsibilities for client engagements, including but not limited to Office 365 Migrations and transformations, application migration/modernization, security & identity assessments and networking assessments and design.
- Deliver technical leadership and architecture on our engagements, and provide feedback around the evolution of the solution
- Provide Office 365 focused sales support, including estimating, high-level solution development, cloud strategy, and workshop delivery.
- Shape end-to-end solutions and solution architectures for Office 365, including estimation, solution planning and collaborating with the appropriate Accenture and Avanade teams to create the optimal client outcome.
- Partner with other solution architects and global product management to define standardized solution and services baselines, application add-ons and industrialized delivery options
- Work closely with Market Unit Leads, serving as a subject matter expert in Office 365 solution architecture and solutions; support regional teams with their capability development and skills growth; collaborate with delivery center solution architects and contribute to the Avanade community, including authoring internal and public blog posts.
You are serious about cloud, serious about Office 365, and serious about enabling our clients to take maximum advantage of our services and offerings. Clients see you as a trusted advisor and you have the credibility to influence peers and senior leaders within Avanade. You are highly entrepreneurial and can build a results-focused customer-centric culture, collaborate with partners across the globe, and develop solutions that deliver results for clients. You understand interactions and opportunities for synergy among parts of the business.
Your professional and technical skills most likely include:
- Thorough Office 365 expertise across most features and services.
- Hard won experience of deploying Office 365 into large organisations, being able to identify pain points and lessons learned when designing solutions and providing guidance to others.
- Excellent customer facing skills, able to communicate at all levels of an organisation, from C-Suite to the service desk.
- Understanding of Office 365/Cloud architectures and strategy (public, private, and hybrid)
- Additional knowledge of Workplace Transformations, Azure Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), Virtualization: Hyper-V, VMWare, Virtual networking, Security and application architecture
- Some knowledge of application architectures using non-Microsoft technologies such as Linux, SAP, and Open Source technologies such as OpenShift, Docker, Kubernetes and similar.
You likely have a Bachelor's of Science or equivalent degree in computer science or related field, and/or equivalent professional experience, and enjoy working in a fast-paced and ever-dynamic environment.
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for our clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Requisition ID - 55957
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Back to top