O365 Subject Matter Expert
About the role
The Infrastructure Consulting team designs, plan, implement and migrate enterprise technology architecture for Avanade clients. The Office 365 capability ensures that we always remain at the top of our game when it comes to the latest Office 365 technology developments and services. With more and more of our customers moving to Office 365, we are looking for highly skilled Office 365 Subject Matter Expert to join us who can bring deep expertise in solutions based on Microsoft Office 365. You will be joining our Norway Modern Workplace team as an Office SME, where you will be responsible for leading client delivery with Microsoft Office 365 technologies. You will also be involved in supporting our solution sales teams to shape and win our Office 365 engagements.
You likely have a Bachelor's Degree in a business or technology-related field, with at least 1-3 years of related experience as a Technical Consultant or Architect for Microsoft Infrastructure Solutions such as Office 365.
Key Role Responsibilities
- Lead a set of Office 365 Onboarding technical activities such as Designing, Planning, Implementation and Migration.
- Develop Onboarding and Remediation plans
- Support and resolve customer deployment issues through Modern Workplace lifecycle; Advisory, Build, Manage and Evolve.
- Maintain strong working knowledge of the Office 365 services, and all required tools and products.
- Develop, foster and maintain highly effective customer and partner relationships.
- Collaborate with team members to deliver and complete project work in a timely manner.
- Interact daily with other engineers to provide and share technical issue resolution knowledge and deployment/adoption processes best practices.
- Develop foster and maintain effective working relationships with Microsoft and other Avanade teams to deliver key business metrics
- Assist in pre-sales activities including scoping and planning
Key Role Skill & Capability requirements
- Consultative approach to client engagements.
- A minimum of 1-3 years of Technical experience and experience working with Enterprise customers.
- Required technical competency:
- At least 1-3 years of related experience within O365 technologies such as; Exchange, OneDrive, SharePoint, Skype for Business, Microsoft Teams.
- Good knowledge on Azure AD Connect solution as well as Microsoft single sign on environment (ADFS)
- Experience of SCCM, the console UI and a basic understanding of its operation and use for deployment of tools/software in conjunction with Office365 deployments.
- Strong troubleshooting skills across multiple platforms and systems.
- Must be able to converse in the language with Business owners and executives.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory & Intune.
- Experience in System Center Configuration Manager implementation, Migration, Administration.
- Experience of EMS (Intune, Intune Hybrid, AADP, ARMS).
- Skills in PowerShell and Web Services.
- Preferably certifications in advance of employment or complete in following 6-12 months:
- Managing Office 365 Identities and Requirements - Exam 70-346
- Enabling Office 365 Services - Exam 70-347
Consulting & Delivery Experience
- Experience delivering solutions for client organizations through complex solutions / projects with client interactions.
- Strong consulting / project-based background, including assessing and managing the opportunity and risk associated with enterprise scale, complex projects.
- Experience with off-shore teams and delivery.
- Strong English and Norwegian communication skills to effectively drive recommendations and land priorities across the customers business areas.
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for our clients and their customers.
With 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries and a collaborative culture that not only honors diversity but also reflects the communities in which we operate, Joining Avanade means working in a place where you're included, supported, valued and rewarded on merit.
Avanade Norway is looking to hire experienced Microsoft Office365 engineers to join our growing Infrastructure Services talent community. The role of the Office365 engineer will be to work closely with our customers to assist them in their migration and onboarding activities to the Office365 platform.
We believe this is an excellent opportunity for candidates to bring existing strong knowledge in Office365, and develop into true SME's.
As is the nature of working within a global professional services environment, your clients and projects will change over time so the flexibility to travel is a pre- requisite.
Requisition ID - 56067
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Back to top