.Net Solution Developer-New York, Boston, Hartford, Philly)
About the role
The Solutions Development team designs, deploys and tests solutions such as web services, applications and enterprise portals to meet client needs. This team works closely with the technical leadership and functional teams to fully understand the requirements of the project. Members of the Solution Development team also participate in client relationships, develops proposals and assists in marketing efforts.
A .NET Solution Developer focuses on designing, developing and testing mission critical enterprise solutions and other custom application development projects using the .NET Framework, C#, ASP.NET, SharePoint, WCF, WPF, SQL Server and other advanced components of Microsoft technology using various agile and waterfall based delivery methodologies.
As a Solutions Development Consultant, you will work on designing solution components of medium size and complexity. This includes performing basic support and debugging functions, while maintaining existing applications. You will contribute to our solution knowledge repository and may be responsible for program and/or staff management as needed.
Participate in development teams as a key contributor, typically following the agile delivery methodology.
Responsibilities may include:
- Participate in a development team, producing components for new and existing applications with focus on the Microsoft technology stack
- Create technical specifications based on functional requirements
- Design and build application/unit tests according to a given test plan
- Interface directly with customers, gathering feedback and discussing technical design.
- Act as a key contributor in an agile sprint team, performing sprints on new and existing applications.
- Perform basic support and debugging in test and production environments
- Identify and escalate problems
- Maintain and repair existing applications.
You are a talented software developer who is able to communicate clearly with non-technical audiences. While passionate about technology, you have a strong business sensibility and ability to connect well with clients. Your technical background likely includes experience:
- Analyzing, designing, developing, implementing and maintaining application code in a variety of contexts
- Developing client premise-based and/or web-based software solutions
- With application development, complex code development, application testing and component design.
- 3-5 years of experience working with the .NET framework
- Knowledge or experience in Microsoft Azure or AngularJS, JQuery, Knockout, or React
- Must have excellent communication skills and hands-on experience working on component based applications in a distributed environment
- Preferred Experience
- At least 1 year working in Agile or Fast Agile methodology
- Knowledge or experience in test driven development
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 27,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
Years of Experience: 3-5 years
Management Experience: None
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS or related field
Additional Area, Region or Service Line specific requirements:
Experienced leading small teams (1 to 5 resources)
Requisition ID - 48064
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Manager, Experience Design
Joshua guides and supports Avanade’s junior employees in their paths to create exceptional experience designs for company clients—while also working with clients and stakeholders himself.
Back to top