.NET Software Developer - Seattle, WA
About the role
As a Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to be part of digital transformation while being surrounded by people who are passionate about building modern applications that leverage the industry's leading technologies. You will learn our client's business, organization, systems, challenges and goals, and then utilize that knowledge to work with a team to deliver exceptional results.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Consistently develop and deliver high-quality, low-defect features on schedule.
- Collaborate with your team to design new and enhanced features.
- Provide recommendations on, and implement technologies to achieve goals.
- Meet with clients to understand requirements and create solutions to meet objectives.
- Maintain and enhance code integrity, security, data protection and quality.
- Be part of an active community of knowledgeable members to share your technical expertise and learn from their experiences.
- Potentially work part-time or full-time at your client's site, including travel, as needed.
You enjoy solving problems and providing solutions in a collaborative environment. Keeping an open mind, you explore technologies that solve challenges and offer quality solutions to clients. You work in an agile environment that continuously promotes growth, knowledge and drive to success. You have experience with a large portion of the following technologies:
- Responsive/adaptive interfaces using technologies like Bootstrap and Foundation.
- Data storage technologies such as MSSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Azure Cosmos DB and Azure SQL.
- Design with a highly available, cloud first mentality which leverages reusable components and microservice architectures.
- Cloud technologies to bring next-gen AI into applications.
- You have a Computer Science degree or equivalent, with strong development fundamentals, including SOLID design principles, Object Oriented Programming and Test-Driven Development.
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help fuel transformation and growth for our clients and their customers. Avanade has 30,000 digitally connected people across 24 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
You are a talented software developer who is able to communicate clearly with non-technical audiences. While passionate about technology, you have a strong business sensibility and ability to connect well with clients. Your technical background likely includes experience:
- Analyzing, designing, developing, implementing and maintaining application code in a variety of contexts
- 3-5 years of experience working with the .NET framework.
- Experience in Microsoft Azure Application Development, Azure SQL, & SQL are a must.
- Developing client premise-based and/or web-based software solutions
- With application development, complex code development, application testing and component design
- Must have excellent communication skills and hands-on experience working on component based applications in a distributed environment
- At least 1 year working in Agile or Fast Agile methodology
- Knowledge or experience in test driven development
- Your non-technical background likely includes:
- Ability to connect with external clients
- Experience working with global teams
- Proficient ability to communicate complex information to technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Solid written and spoken English skills.
- You likely have at least two years of relevant experience and a Bachelor's Degree in computer science, computer engineering, management information systems or a related field.
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 27,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at http://www.avanade.com/
Requisition ID - 52651
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Manager, Experience Design
Joshua guides and supports Avanade’s junior employees in their paths to create exceptional experience designs for company clients—while also working with clients and stakeholders himself.
Back to top