Avanade Ireland, .Net Developer role
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com
We help customers realize results in a digital world through business technology solutions and managed services that combine insight, innovation and expertise focused on Microsoft® technologies.
As a business Avanade is technically competent, at the forefront of innovation, technology and change - they can interpret what clients may need before they turn it into a reality.
As is the nature of working within a global professional services environment, your clients and projects will change over time so the flexibility to travel is a pre requisite All of our roles are project based so typically will involve working on client site throughout the Ireland. You can expect up to 80% travel as well as periods working on a dedicated client site.
This in an exciting opportunity for .NET developers to join already-established application development teams working on system deliveries for a number of our key clients.
Working across a number of technologies in the Microsoft stack, your key day-to-day focus will be core C# development for MVC web applications within an enterprise environment. As part of a dynamic application delivery team you will be involved in liaising with functional design teams, development team leads and technical architects to help drive out deep technical requirements and bring them to implementation.
Technical skills required
- 3+ years minimum commercial .NET application development experience (up to .NET 4.5)
- Experience working with.NET web application development technologies (MVC, ASP.NET, C#, Linq, Entity Framework)
- Strong demonstrable experience with web technologies (e.g. CSS, JScript)
- Solid working knowledge of database design, scripting and optimisation with MS SQL Server
- Experience in automated testing, working with a number of automated frameworks (e.g. MSTest, NUnit, mocking, NCrunch)
- Working knowledge of OO Design principles and patterns
- Designing, coding and testing program modules in line with functional requirements and development standards.
- Experience of working with open source and third party platforms, including integration of 3rd party components to .NET web applications
- Demonstrable experience working to deadlines and creating technology in daring timelines
- Ability to work standalone to delivery an application component or as part of an interdependent application development team
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Experience working in a consulting-type environment an advantage
Professional Skill Requirements
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Excellent oral and written interpersonal skills with experience in delivering clear and concise upward-reporting to development leads and project managers
- Good time management skills
- Basic project management skills
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Manager, Experience Design
Joshua guides and supports Avanade’s junior employees in their paths to create exceptional experience designs for company clients—while also working with clients and stakeholders himself.
Back to top