Consultant, .NET Developer, Software Engineering
Do you want to put companies back in control of their code? So do we.
You take the best from open-source applications to create bespoke solutions that are both innovative and agile.
At Avanade our vision is to be the top tier digital innovator, realizing results for our clients and their customers through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Avanade Ireland is expanding rapidly with the scope to truly support mission-critical Microsoft solutions for large-scale organisations in the local market.
You know how the right software solutions can help businesses do more with less effort. You know code inside out and enjoy putting innovation to work in real applications and getting real results.
About the job
As a Consultant .NET Developer, you focus on designing, developing and testing mission critical enterprise solutions and other custom application development projects. You're as comfortable performing basic support and debugging functions as you are with maintaining existing applications, and you're happy to share your program knowledge to support your colleagues.
Day to day, you will:
• Collaborate in all the different project phases, from defining technical, operational and user requirements, through to planning, quality control and testing
• Create conceptual architecture and develop solution options that match your clients' requirements
• Partner with cross-functional technology teams to integrate solutions
• Coordinate with offshore and global teams
• Travel as required.
You are a talented software developer who loves to talk about technology and share your knowledge with like-minded and non-technical audiences. Your passion for technology is matched with good business sensibility and great interpersonal skills. You probably have at least three years of relevant experience and a bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, management information systems or a related field.
Your knowledge and technical skills include:
- 3 + years minimum commercial .NET application development experience ( .NET version 4.5 and above )
- Experience working with.NET web application development technologies (MVC, ASP.NET, C#, Linq , Entity Framework)
- Strong demonstrable experience with web technologies (e.g. J ava Script and HTML )
- Solid working knowledge of database design, scripting and optimisation with MS SQL Server
- Working knowledge of OO Design principles and patterns
- Designing, coding and testing program modules in line with functional requirements and development standards.
- Experience of working with open source and third - party platforms, including integration of 3rd party components to .NET web applications
- Demonstrable experience working to deadlines and creating technology in daring timelines
- Ability to work standalone to delivery an application component or as part of an interdependent application development team
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Experience working in a consulting-type environment an advantage
- Opportunity to work for Microsoft gold partner with unrivalled development and training (80 hours per year for training and paid certifications)
- Competitive base salary
- Reward and Recognition scheme
- Wide benefits package
- Avanade University - real-time access to technical and skilled resources globally
- Dedicated career manager to encourage your progression
- Engaged and helpful coworkers genuinely interested in you
As is the nature of working within a global professional services environment, your clients and projects will change over time so the flexibility to travel is a pre-requisite . All our roles are project based so typically will involve working on client site throughout Ireland.
Back to top