Modern Workplace Security Lead - Center of Excellence
About the role: Avanade's ambition is to become the global leader for Modern Workplace and Employee Experience transformation and managed services by end of 2021. We help clients to modernize their technology platforms growing efficiency, responsiveness and security, deliver employee experiences on a par with customer experiences to increase productivity and engagement, re-imagine their business operations to unlock new sources of value and remove cultural barriers that constrain sustainable growth.
To make our ambition a reality we have established the Modern Workplace Market Unit which will be responsible for implementing the Workplace growth strategy and driving increased sales, revenues, capability and reputation. The Market Unit will have two strategic (advisory and technology) offerings called Workplace Platform Modernization and Value Realization. These are underpinned by sub offerings spanning strategy, culture, experience, operations and technology transformation and managed services that assist clients with Evergreen IT management through to identification/ realization of new business value opportunities.
Within the Modern Workplace Market Unit, we have established a Centre of Excellence (CoE) which is responsible for innovation, offering development/ evolution, partner eco-system management, delivery method and asset development, talent forecasting, and critically, sales generation and solution design support to assist our regional sales teams with pipeline and lighthouse deal conversion.
As a SME within the CoE, you will be responsible for identifying critical Modern Workplace deals and providing expert sales and solutioning support to Operating Group and Account teams to help them win and grow our Modern Workplace business.
- Input into, or lead where appropriate, critical Modern Workplace pursuits and deals which have the potential to make a significant positive impact on sales, revenues, client portfolio, capability and reputation
- Collaborate with, educate and upskill regional team members so that they have the insights, capability and capacity to accelerate Modern Workplace pipeline generation and conversion in their geography
- Input into new, or evolve, Offerings and Sub-Offerings to help Avanade stay relevant in the market and be recognized as the Workplace transformation and managed services market leader by FY21
- Be aware of, and understand, competitors offerings in the Modern Workplace market
- Adapt and augment Modern Workplace solutions, assets, methods and tools to help Avanade lower the cost of sale and delivery
- Use Accenture, Microsoft and ISV partner solutions to increase industry specialism, extend our capabilities and improve our value to clients
- Travel as required by the business.
In addition, your professional skill set includes:
- A demonstrable record of delivering complex business technology solutions for client organizations that have contributed directly to, or enabled, improved customer/ employee experience, profitability, responsiveness, reputational enhancement and top talent retention
- Experience of building, developing and retaining hardworking teams containing a mix of advisory and technology engineering skills
- Ability to effectively team with peers in a large, matrixed organization, including experience with onshore, near-shore and off-shore delivery teams
- Strong consulting / project-based background, including assessing and leading the opportunity and risk associated with large scale, complex projects
- Deep understanding and knowledge of Microsoft Security AAD P2/Intune/AD/ESAE/End Point MGT/MFA/ modern workplace technology platforms and services including Microsoft 365 (Office 365, Windows 10 and Enterprise Mobility + Security), Azure and an appreciation of RPA, AI and Mixed Reality
- 15+ years of Architecture and security management for both on-premises and cloud-based environments
- Privileged access management technologies
- Security frameworks, such as ISO/IEC 27001 or NIST 800-53
- Building security framework, SIRRP process and/or forensic handling methods
- Knowledge of host hardening, auditing, logging and monitoring, network security, SEIM deployments, security analytics, anomaly detections, PKI
- Certifications: CISSP, CISM, Microsoft Mobility MCP Exam 98-368, or other relevant certifications (preferred)
- Over 10 years relevant business technology leadership experience, including solution sales creation, solution and delivery and business management particularly within a consultancy or systems integrator
- A track record of building a business technology transformation or digital transformation business through a combination of new logo wins and expansion of existing engagements using indirect/ direct channels. You will ideally have developed and cultivated C-Level client relationships in technology and business domains
- Developed solutions focused on three or more of the following topics: Digital/ Workplace Strategy and Transformation; IT Strategy and Transformation or Technology Platform, Applications and Services Modernization; Multi-Speed IT Operating Model; Enterprise Architecture; Workplace Security; Customer and/ or Employee Experience Transformation; business strategy and model design and implementation; business operations transformation (e.g. new product development, sales, service); organizational change management; cost reduction, culture and people strategy
- Contributed to the design, assembly, pricing and delivery of managed IT and business services deals
- Deep industry knowledge covering two or more of the following: Banking, Insurance, Products, Retail, Energy, Utilities, Health and Public Sector
- A Bachelor's degree in business or technology-related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. An advanced degree or MBA is strongly preferred, particularly technical (IT, engineering, or related).
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Joshua C.Manager, Experience Design
Joshua guides and supports Avanade’s junior employees in their paths to create exceptional experience designs for company clients—while also working with clients and stakeholders himself.
Back to top