Modern Workplace Modernization Architect
About the role:
The Infrastructure Consulting team designs, installs and configures enterprise technology architecture for Avanade clients. Its expertise spans security, availability/fail-over, operating system/compute, storage, database, networking and operations infrastructure, typically involving Microsoft or multi-vendor technologies.
As an Infrastructure Manager with expertise in Modern Workplace Modernization, you will architect and lead the development of complex infrastructure solutions. You will work directly with clients to identify opportunities to transform their information technology landscapes and, as client business requirements change, help modify Avanade-designed infrastructure solutions. With a thorough understanding of both client and Avanade businesses, you will oversee people and project management for projects of moderate size and complexity.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Execute large-scale desktop deployment, platform migration and endpoint management
- Partner with cross-functional technology and design teams to integrate technology, operations and solution requirements into solution strategies
- Design and conduct systems integration testing, component integration testing and user acceptance testing
- Create project deliverable documentation, including design, build and operations guides
- Travel as needed.
You are a technologist with strong business skills. You are as comfortable working with a technical team as with client business users, and you know how to build bridges between the two. With your excellent communications skills, you are adept at mapping business needs to technology solutions and helping non-technical audiences understand the benefits of these solutions.
In addition, your professional skillset likely includes:
- Key Technology experience includes: Windows 10, Office 365, Exchange, Teams, Skype, Enterprise Mobility & Security.
- Knowledge of operation management, systems security, testing, databases and mobility considerations.
- Experience on integration between different infrastructure, applications and network components
Your non-technical experience likely includes:
- Presiding, driving conversations and technical clarification discussions on client meetings
- Leading global teams and offshore resources
- Interest to mentor and grow junior resources
- Communicating and presenting complex information to technical and non-technical stakeholders, both verbally and in written form
You likely have at least six years of relevant experience and a Bachelor's Degree in computer science, computer engineering, management information systems or a related field. MCSA or MCSE certifications preferred.
Requisition ID - 57884
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Back to top