Modern Workplace Market Unit Lead - Director - Southeast
About the role:
Avanade's ambition is to become the market leader for Modern Workplace and Employee Experience transformation and managed services by end of 2021. We help clients to modernize their technology platforms increasing efficiency, responsiveness and security, deliver employee experiences on a par with customer experiences to increase productivity and engagement, re-imagine their business operations to unlock new sources of value and remove cultural barriers that constrain sustainable growth.
To make our ambition a reality we have established the Modern Workplace Market Unit which will be responsible for implementing the Workplace growth strategy and driving increased sales, revenues, capability and reputation. The Market Unit will have two strategic (advisory and technology) offerings called Workplace Platform Modernisation and Value Realisation. These are underpinned by sub offerings spanning strategy, culture, experience, operations and technology transformation and managed services that assist clients with Evergreen IT management through to identification/ realisation of new business value opportunities.
As an Modern Workplace Market Unit Lead in the Southeast you will be accountable for the overall business performance in this territory. Working closely with the Regional Executive, Regional Workplace Offering Leads, Regional Workplace Advisory Lead, Global Market Unit Leadership Team, Area Market Unit Lead, Talent Community, Regional Capability Lead and Global Delivery Network
- Lead the definition and implementation of the Region's Modern Workplace go to market strategy and business plan with the aim of establishing Avanade as the Workplace transformation and managed services market leader by FY21 and achieving agreed performance targets
- Own and drive conversion of the Workplace pipeline in partnership with the Regional Advisory Workplace Lead, Offering Leads, peer Market Unit Leads, OG Leads, Client Account Leads and Partners including Microsoft and Accenture. You will lead by example through active engagement with clients and conversion of lighthouse deals
- Establish an innovation 'spoke' with the Workplace COE Innovation team to help Avanade keep ahead of the market, accelerate R&D, source new capabilities and develop compelling profitable propositions
- Adapt and augment global Workplace offerings, sub offerings, services, assets, methods and tools so they have positive impact in the Regional market. Contribute to the periodic refresh of the offering and methods portfolio working with the Global Workplace COE
- Shape the people recruitment, development and top talent retention plan for the MU liaising with Advisory, Regional Capability Lead, recruitment and HR teams so that Avanade has the capability and capacity needed to grow sales, revenues and reputation
- Work with the Global Workplace marketing lead and regional marketing team to design and execute Workplace campaigns, events and communications that drive influence and demand
- Identify, secure funding for, and execute investments needed to enhance Avanade's Workplace pipeline, client portfolio, capabilities, sales and revenues in the regional market
- Manage budget against assigned Area/Region metrics; provide forecasting and sales pipeline analysis to support processes
- Travel as dictated by the business.
You are an experienced business technology transformation sales and delivery leader, with an appreciation for cultivating and coaching teams. You're a natural business developer, with experience of growing a business technology services line of business through strategy, sales contribution and the ability to establish a presence within a target market and key clients. You have a track record for developing and growing long term, high value client relationships, with strong influencing and negotiation capabilities.
Your professional skillset should include:
- A track record of building a business technology transformation or digital transformation business through a combination of new logo wins and expansion of existing engagements using indirect/ direct channels. You will ideally have developed and cultivated C-Level client relationships in technology and business domains
- A track record of delivering complex business technology solutions for client organizations that have contributed directly to, or enabled, improved customer/ employee experience, profitability, responsiveness, reputational enhancement and top talent retention
- Experience of building, developing and retaining talented teams containing a mix of advisory and engineering skills
- Ability to effectively team with peers in a large, matrixed organization, including experience with onshore, near-shore and off-shore delivery teams
- Strong consulting / project-based background, including assessing and managing the opportunity and risk associated with large scale, complex projects
- Knowledge of modern workplace technology platforms and services including Microsoft 365 (Office 365, Windows 10 and Enterprise Mobility + Security), Azure and an appreciation of RPA, AI and MR
- Over 15 years relevant business technology leadership experience, including solution sales creation, delivery and business management, and more than 10 years of demonstrable people and/or business leadership experience, particularly within a consultancy or systems integrator
You also ideally have:
- Shaped, sold and led a portfolio of client engagements focused on three or more of the following topics: Digital/ Workplace Strategy and Transformation; IT Strategy and Transformation or Technology Platform, Applications and Services Modernization; Multi-Speed IT Operating Model; Enterprise Architecture; Workplace Security; Customer and/ or Employee Experience Transformation; business strategy and model design and implementation; business operations transformation (e.g. new product development, sales, service); organizational change management; cost reduction, culture and people strategy
- Contributed to the design, assembly, pricing and delivery of managed IT and business services deals
- Deep industry knowledge covering two or more of the following: Banking, Insurance, Products, Retail, Energy, Utilities, Health and Public Sector
- Defined and implemented partner strategies that have delivered new revenue streams, capabilities and enhanced reputation
- A Bachelor's degree in business or technology-related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. An advanced degree or MBA is strongly preferred, particularly technical (IT, engineering, or related).
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help fuel transformation and growth for our clients and their customers. Avanade has 30,000 digitally connected people across 24 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Requisition ID - 55158
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Back to top