Modern Workplace Architect
The infrastructure consulting team designs, installs and configures enterprise technology architecture for Avanade clients. Working on some of the largest leading-edge projects, the Workplace Solution Architect/ End User Architect is a critical customer facing role and you will play a leading part in large scale workplace transformation and deployment projects for our customers globally.
You will naturally have a strong foundation in core Microsoft infrastructure technologies, but more specifically you will be able to demonstrate prior experience and a level of subject matter expertise in large scale desktop transformation and deployment projects (20,000+ seats) where organizations have implemented large scale business impacting workplace transformation programs.
About you as our new Workplace Solution Architect/ End User Architect
- You will have a high EQ, putting yourself in the customers position and gaining a deep understanding of their challenges, ambitions and strategy. You will advise the customer on the right solution for their situation, calling on your extensive experience and your understanding of their business.
- You will be a natural leader, coaching customers and other members of the Avanade team.
- You will be flexible and agile in your approach, being able to adapt to changing requirements, schedules and priorities as is common in workplace transformations.
- You will understand common workplace challenges and be able to create innovative solutions using the varied tools at your disposal.
- You will have excellent writing, planning, budgeting, estimating and presentation skills.
- 10+ years' experience and understanding of end user technology architectures, including infrastructure, security, data, network, security, devices and collaboration.
- Strong strategic insights, good market awareness (technology and industry) and understanding of emerging disruptive trends. Must be able to articulate and enact strategic vision on behalf of Avanade and our customers.
- The ability to determine business strategies, principles and requirements, scope, design and implement desktop upgrade, standardisation and rollout projects - acting as the lead solution architect.
- Deep understanding of evergreen workplace environments and workplace servicing management processes, approaches, tooling and impacts.
- Extensive experience writing and responding to RFP/RFI/RFT documents.
- Experience creating RFP response documentation
- Experience presenting RFP responses to customers.
- Extensive experience of Windows 10 upgrade projects
- Experience of integrating Office 365 or other cloud based offerings into desktop environments
- Good understanding of authentication mechanisms such as ADFS.
- Good understanding of Directory Services (Active Directory, Group Policy)
- Good understanding of the features and security components of Windows desktop operating systems - Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.
- Experience of working with multiple device types eg desktop, laptop, tablets
- Experience with SCCM (Current Branch version)
- Experience in working with desktop encryption third party security products eg BitLocker etc
- Experience of desktop management tools
- Experience of packaging tools eg InstallShield or AdminStudio
- Commercially aware with strong client facing and vendor relationship development skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, enabling the presentation of complex technical solutions.
- Gather business, communication and functional objectives by leading client working sessions and creative brainstorming sessions.
- Design life cycle processes including the recommendation, deployment, standardization, maintenance and replacement of current and emerging PC technologies.
- Engage with software and hardware vendors to address complex issues and develop strategic roadmaps.
- Remain current on emerging and innovative technologies for end user computing.
- Lead architecture role:
- Accountable for developing High Level Architecture Blueprints that define the target architecture for new services that will be consumed by the integrated bank
- Contribute to and update bid, project, departmental and technical documents
- Maintain an awareness of developments and best practice, and adapt and apply new and appropriate ideas
- Work closely with the new business teams to identify professional services opportunities and qualify customer requirements early in the sales cycle
- Work closely with the account and service management teams to identify professional services opportunities within existing accounts
- Engage directly with customers, often on speculative/pre RFP requirements, to understand their business challenges and translate these into technology requirements
- Advise customers on technology choices and options
- Acting as a single point of contact for technical presales engagements
- Developing customer proposals, statements of work, supporting cost models and defining proof of concept engagements where appropriate
- Providing support to sales and bid team colleagues for the completion of bid responses including, Requests for Information, Requests for Proposal, and Pre-qualification Questionnaires
- Provide technology thought leadership to customers and colleagues
- Work closely with colleagues in the delivery teams to ensure presales opportunities are handed over appropriately and with clarity in relation to the proposed solution, implementation approach, and customer engagement
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Madeleine A.Solutions Developer
As a development lead on Avanade’s projects, including content management modernization, Madeleine works with a team of technical experts to develop and implement solutions for her clients.
Back to top