Modern IT Security Systems Management Advisor (Seattle, Denver, Toronto, or Chicago)
Modern IT Security Systems Management Advisor
Locations: Denver, Seattle, Toronto or Chicago
As the Modern IT Security Systems Management Advisor, a manager on the Global CI&SO Business Unit Enablement team, you will be responsible for partnering with executives of the Modern IT Market Unit and their directs to provide security insights and guidance to conform to Avanade security standards and contractual obligations. If you're passionate about security and building bridges with strong business relationships, this opportunity is for you!
Day-to-day, you will likely have skills and experience in several of the following:
- Manage and negotiate the application of information security solutions to address business risks.
- Develop and implement business plans, policies, standards, and procedures to apply, measure, and mature security practices.
- Perform risk assessments to identify risk treatment plans and track implementation accordingly.
- Provide guidance and direction on adequate and sufficient practices for the protection of information.
- Act as a business unit and security subject matter expert.
- Drive conformance to Avanade Security Policies and Standards.
- May direct and prioritize the activities of internal or external security service providers.
Key Role Skill & Capability Requirements you may have:
You will be equal'ish parts risk manager, nerd (term used affectionately!), diplomat, and bulldog. A fundamental point of this role is to build positive internal business relationships to regularly identify (e.g. through risk assessments, threat modeling, etc.), rank/prioritize, and solutions to enable Modern IT to conform or comply to security-related requirements and obligations.
- Demonstrable experience identifying, providing and validating requirements of security solutions (design and implementation), preferably in a consulting environment.
- Experienced user of methods and identifcation tools for risks and security threats.
- Knowledge of information security frameworks and standards (e.g. ISO 27000 family, ISO 31000, Cobit, NIST)
- Experience developing productive working relationships with personnel who are subject matter experts in operating systems, database platforms, web technologies, firewalls and programming languages.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills and ability to effectively convey security risks to technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and research, formulate and present a point of view to technical and business stakeholders.
- Experience with the provision of advisory services in large scale technology projects working effectively with personnel across all levels.
Certifications you may have:
- Candidates with active global security certifications (e.g. CISSP, GSEC, CISM, or CISA, CRISC, CGEIT) will likely be shown priority.
Education Background you likely have:
- You will likely have a bachelor's degree in computer science or related field from an accredited college or university.
- MS in Information Security ideal.
Your work Experience may look like the below:
- You will likely have at least 7 years of IT experience focused on an Information Security discipline.
- 3+ years managing complex teams of business and technical resources.
Scope of Work:
- Discretion: Wide latitude in approach to work, including ability to reshape work plans, guided by adequate and sufficient practices and domain expertise.
- Organizational Impact: Work efforts have significant impact on near-term and medium-term Avanade operations.
- Supervision Received: Works independently, with occasional validation of work efforts against strategic and tactical objectives. Significant latitude in judgment and approach.
- Supervision Provided: Mentors and manages work efforts of junior colleagues and team members as required by various workstreams; may formally supervise work of project teams.
- Knowledge Applied: Applies advanced knowledge of learned occupation / disciplines with a strong emotional intellect.
Accountabilities & Metrics:
- Personal and Departmental goals
- Peer and executive feedback/survey metrics
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help fuel transformation and growth for our clients and their customers. Avanade has 30,000 digitally connected people across 24 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate.
At Avanade, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace where our people can be the best at what they do. We are proud be among leading organizations who are taking a stand for gender equity, both in and outside the workplace. This includes teaming with like-minded partners who are as passionate as we are about strengthening the role of women in the workplace, including Women in Technology International, Anita Borg Institute and Catalyst.
Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation.
Learn more at www.avanade.com
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
Requisition ID - 53395
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Manager, Experience Design
Joshua guides and supports Avanade’s junior employees in their paths to create exceptional experience designs for company clients—while also working with clients and stakeholders himself.
Back to top