Microsoft Solutions - Business Development Executive (LA)
About the job
This is a senior role with wide-ranging and often complex responsibilities, which call for a depth and breadth of business knowledge beyond the business development discipline.
The Group Manager, Business Development, is responsible for generating sales and driving revenue,typically in low-to-medium risk and return sales activities. At a strategic level, you will sell IT professional services and manage customer relationships for new and existing accounts. Tactically, this will involve prospecting, acquiring, developing and expanding business leads. You may work with a portfolio of named customers or support an Account Manager on a specific opportunity.
Your focus will be on achieving short- and long-term revenue and profit growth by increasing the profitability of a portfolio of accounts by cross-selling service lines, including Application managed services and/or Infrastructure managed services.
Day to day, you will:
- Identify opportunities to increase sales volume while ensuring service levels are met
- Assist management in devising sales plans and strategies
- Sell a portfolio of Avanade and/or third-party software products directly to end-user organizations
- Specialize in the sale of enterprise systems, desktop packages, software development tools, databases, communications software, applications software, and new software license sales
You will be capable of developing long-lasting customer relationships and gaining referrals with new and existing accounts. As Group Manager, you will have a deep understanding of the needs of various stakeholders, and be able to marshal the right resources with or without direct authority.
Proactive and practical, you will be adept at assessing customer requirements, and selecting appropriate methods to fulfil them. You will be skilled at determining priorities, establishing a systematic course of action to ensure successful completion, and allocating time and resources effectively. Inside and outside Avanade, your interpersonal skills will enable you to leverage your network to facilitate, develop and influence.
With at least 6 years' experience of services, sales or professional consulting and a minimum of 3 years' management experience, you will be qualified with a Bachelor's degree in business, sales or marketing. Ideally, you will also have an advanced degree to MBA or equivalent level.
Strong customer interface and presentation skills are essential in this role, together with a mind-set of customer service. A skillful negotiator, you will be confident acting as trusted advisor when dealing with customers' business needs. Experience selling outsourcing or managed services deals or other large-scale engagements, including significant offshore delivery, is a significant advantage, particularly where they have involved leveraging offshore resources in deal pursuits.
On a practical level, you will have excellent Account Planning skills, using the global standard account plan document. A knowledge of sales pipeline management, and sales and revenue quotas is essential, as is experience in selling IT projects and solutions. You will need to show a solid understanding of Avanade solutions, Microsoft products and technology services, Accenture industry solutions and competitive offers.
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 27,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Years of Experience: 6+ years of services sales or professional consulting experience
Management Experience: 3+ years of management experience
Education: Bachelor's degree in business, sales or marketing recommended; advanced degree (M.B.A. or equivalent) preferred
- Strong customer interface and presentation skills, with a Customer Focus attitude
- Able to skillfully navigate through negotiation phases
- Able to act as a trusted advisor in addressing our customer's business needs
- Proficient Account Planning skills (utilizing the global standard account plan document)
- Knowledgeable of sales pipeline management and sales and revenue quotas
- Solid understanding of Avanade solutions, Microsoft products and technology services, Accenture industry solutions and of competitive offerings
- Experience selling IT projects and solution selling
- Able to leverage network of inside and outside contacts to increase influence
Required Certifications: N/A
Additional Area, Region or Service Line specific requirements: Additional requirements will depend on specific position focus (e.g., consulting vs. outsourcing). For example, willingness to travel/amount of travel expected, expected established contacts within local geography business community.
The Group Manager, Business Development, in the Managed Services Service Line has the following additional requirements:
- Experience selling global on/offshore solutions, working with global delivery centers
- Experience selling large scale, multi-year managed services solutions
- Experience working with customer teams to identify managed services opportunities, and working through the DEEPR process from lead generation to deal closings for managed services deals
Requisition ID - 44622
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Senior Analyst, Business & Technology Integration
Kristin interprets program requirements between the client and her project team to ensure clear communication and customer satisfaction.
Back to top