Microsoft Security Engineer
Microsoft Security Engineer
Avanade UK is looking to hire a Microsoft Security Engineer for our UK Security Consulting practice.
About the role
Working on some of the largest and leading-edge projects; the role of the Microsoft Security Engineer is to provide 2 nd and 3 rd line Microsoft Security support expertise to our customers.
The Microsoft Security Engineer role requires knowledge and expertise in the Microsoft Security Ecosystem, with candidates demonstrating 3 - 5 years Microsoft Security support experience.
The role involves monitoring, reporting, maintaining and resolving incidents/problems for our clients Microsoft Security applications and also extends to other vendor products for which you will receive training.
The role requires strong communication, analytical and problem-solving skills and the candidate must work well as part of a team. The candidate should have knowledge and experience following ITIL practices and be well versed in Incident and Problem management procedures.
The opportunity for candidates is to grow and develop in a career focused organisation, whilst working on some of the world's largest and most well-known brands and customers.
As a potential member of our growing Security Consulting practice the successful candidate must have a strong foundation across the Microsoft Security solution stack and be willing to learn and upskill in a number of Security technology areas.
Experience and subject matter expertise in at least three of the technologies listed below is preferred:
- Active Directory Federation Services
- Active Directory Domain Services
- Active Directory Certificate Services
- Azure AD Connect
- Microsoft Identity Manager
- Windows Server Operating Systems
- Office 365 tenant security
- Azure security
- Securing Windows Servers and Clients
- Azure Security
- Office 365 Security
- Windows 10 Security
It is desirable that candidates can demonstrate knowledge, experience and ideally hold certifications in the following areas:
- CompTIA Security+
- Microsoft Office365 exams 70-346, 70-347
- Microsoft Azure exams 70-532, 70-533
Working as a Microsoft Security Engineer you will be:
- Experienced with with three or more of the above security technology areas
- Able to use and analyse information to assist incident resolution
- Able to use PowerShell to run scripts templates, develop own scripts and share with Operational/ Delivery leadership to improve operational performance across clients
- Experienced of and have a strong knowledge of Windows Server/ Active Directory
- Able to provide the core hours of service and you will form a part of an on-call rota that is rotated through the team.
- provide 2nd and 3rd line support to our clients
- Act as an escalation point for more junior team members
- Coach and mentor more junior team members.
- Be able to maintain a view of own workload and Identify Incidents that are approaching SLA breach and escalate to Operational Leads for action
- Promptly and accurately respond to and manage incidents/problems
- Adhere to high standards in regard to work/case notes, including as much relevant detail as possible
- Carry out routine maintenance and reporting activities.
- Scope and execute enhancements to the security products at the clients request.
Back to top