Messaging Engineer-night shift - Charlotte NC (+15% shift differential in pay!!)
About the role
The Client IT Operations team works within an Avanade service, operation or data center to implement, monitor, troubleshoot and support client IT infrastructure. The goal is to ensure that delivered services meet contractual commitments and delight clients.
As a Senior Analyst in Client IT Operations, you will assist in the monitoring, troubleshooting and support of customer networks. Serves as a point of contact for client service request calls and drive resolution in accordance with established policies/procedures; this position typically delivers the majority of solutions within the NOC/MSDC. When requested, role will participate in certain project activity and change execution in the client environment.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Monitor multiple customer networks and systems.
- Functions as the first point of contact in receiving client requests for resolution.
- Takes ownership of call and employs established automated and manual processes to ensure a complete, expedient and high quality resolution to client service requests.
- Work with and escalate to higher support tiers. This includes the ability to troubleshoot and assist customers when problems are realized.
- Ensure correct client documentation.
- Deploys patches to multiple customer networks.
You are a fast learner, excellent solo contributor, and self-driven. You work well with little supervision and are resourceful in solving problems. You are passionate about technology and eager to grow with a global technology consulting firm that is doing work for leading-edge organizations.
Your technical skillset likely includes:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012/2012R2/2016
- Microsoft Exchange 2010/2013/2016
- Microsoft Lync 2013 / Skype for Business Server 2015
- Office 365 implementation, migration, and administration – including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business Online as well as Hybrid scenarios
- Microsoft Active Directory / Group Policy
- Exchange and Skype for Business design, deployment, and configuration best practices
- Windows Server administration, implementation, and support
- DPM 2012
- Knowledgeable with Enterprise Storage Solutions (Nimble, NetAPP, EMC, etc)
Experience with and troubleshooting knowledge of:
- Mail flow troubleshooting- OWA, ActiveSync, OAB, Internal mail flow, and other Exchange related services.
- Network troubleshooting- Basic connectivity testing and some firewall knowledge
- Backup knowledge- How to complete and troubleshooting various backups from DPM to Snapshots.
- SAN knowledge- Manage disk space and troubleshoot
- Active Directory- Troubleshoot Domain Controllers, replication and some user accounts.
Your general business skills likely include:
- Ability to interact with external stakeholders
- Good communications and presentations skills
- Solid written and spoken English skills.
You likely have three- five years of relevant experience with specified infrastructure and IT technologies. Your educational background likely includes a Bachelor's Degree in computer science, computer engineering, management information systems, information technology or a similar field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute for a degree.
Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), Microsoft Certified Technical Specialist (MCTS) and/or Microsoft Certified Information Technology Professional (MCITP) preferred.
New hires are encouraged to obtain current MCP or MCTS within 6 months of hire date.
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 27,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
Requisition ID - 47168
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Senior Analyst, Business & Technology Integration
Kristin interprets program requirements between the client and her project team to ensure clear communication and customer satisfaction.
Back to top