Manager (m/w) Business Development
As a Business Developer, you will be responsible for leading, developing and managing Avanade's business development relationships across our two channels to market: Direct and Indirect at our Zurich office. You will generate sales and drive revenue through prospecting, acquiring, developing and expanding direct business. You will build robust relationships and manage the indirect sales channel with our partners, Accenture and Microsoft, to increase profitability of partner products.
Your role will include being Avanade's authority on the two channels and markets. You will focus on relationship management at the C-suite level; building stronger, more beneficial and sizeable partnerships; and striking a balance between the two channels to market, each with its own stakeholders and targets.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Understand the territories and their individual clients and plans, and manage sales performance, forecasting, revenue generation and client satisfaction and follow-through opportunities to cross-sell
- Build lasting relationships to navigate, educate and influence our partners, Accenture and Microsoft
- Manage the end-to-end sales cycle; lead and develop high-potential client engagement opportunities; and meet and exceed sales targets
- Drive customer interest in the Microsoft platform, offering and Business Solutions Organization
- Own proposal creation and delivery to drive customer acquisition
- Stay current on offerings of Avanade, Microsoft and Accenture versus competitive offerings
- Apply and leverage the Avanade Sales Process, Solution Selling and Account Management practices
- Develop and maintain an opportunity pipeline through the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System including support for Area Opportunity Pipeline Management Meetings
- Travel as needed
You are the type of person who develops and wins new business in a complex matrix technology services organization. You work with energy, drive and commitment to overcome obstacles to achieve your goals. You take ownership and inspire others to make a positive impact. You have superb interpersonal skills and can build relationships and neutralize conflict with colleagues, clients and others at any level inside and outside your organization to open doors and close deals. You're a great multitasker who manages projects, opportunities and partners concurrently.
Your background and skills likely include:
- Solution selling, managing partners and leveraging success from collaborative relationships
- Previewing, identifying and providing fast, effective solutions to unforeseen circumstances
- Responding to new situations by modifying your performance and adopting new skills and abilities
- Building a network of contacts to influence, engage and promote Avanade
- Strong communication skills with a client-focused attitude and ability to navigate complex negotiations
- Thought leadership and innovation in addressing clients' needs
- Highly tuned account planning and formation skills
- Managing sales pipelines and delivering revenue quotas.
You likely have seven or more years of extensive experience in developing and selling outsourcing and managed services deals and other large-scale engagements that include leveraging offshore resources. Understanding solutions, services and processes of Avanade, Microsoft and Accenture is a plus. Knowledge of Accenture's alliance formation process and relationship account leads is another plus.
Requisition ID - 47692
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Senior Analyst, Business & Technology Integration
Kristin interprets program requirements between the client and her project team to ensure clear communication and customer satisfaction.
Back to top