Manager, Delivery Operations
As a Manager, Delivery Operations, you will manage standard processes and programs to execute the Delivery Operations function often with a diverse/complex project portfolio. You will provide necessary oversight to ensure projects (and programs) are executed in accordance with established standards, ensuring success and mitigating risks. Additionally, you will provide Delivery "intelligence" through enabling processes, tools and techniques to identify, analyze, and track delivery metrics to support leadership and engagement teams in decision-making, action planning, and continuous improvement. Overall, you will comprise a set of processes, data standards and reporting that help the delivery organization run effectively and efficiently to support project delivery for customers.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Support Delivery Leadership and TC/MU/OG Leadership to effectively manage their portfolio of delivery engagements with insight to understand portfolio health, true delivery status and corrective actions
- Provide required analysis, intelligence, and support needed to ensure contracts are successfully executed in alignment with guidelines and to mitigate potential delivery risk
- Enable the processes, tools and techniques to manage delivery compliance and internal controls in support of standard methods, processes, and accepted best practices in project and program delivery
- Ensure compliance with corporate standards and policies throughout all delivery management activities
- Support planning and decision-making for improvement initiatives related to profitability, quality, and overall contract delivery at the engagement and portfolio levels
- Implement processes and practices that drive consistent, repeatable, execution of delivery operations and delivery execution
- Coaching and extensive knowledge of the delivery process / tool
- Coach and provide subject-matter expertise related to use of core delivery systems, including delivery processes (e.g., Financial Management, Managed Delivery, Quality Assurance, Work plan management) through coaching and extensive knowledge of the delivery process / tools
- Track and monitor risk and opportunities
- Ensure compliance to processes and guidelines,
including Quality Assurance (QA) management tracking and Risk Assessment processes and Managed Delivery (MD) compliance
- Reporting of Profit & Quality Improvement Plans (PQIP)
- Protecting customer data, ensuring Customer Data Protection (CDP) policies and requirements are integrating into standard offerings and delivery processes and supporting CDP issue resolution
Your technical and non-technical skills may include:
- Project management experience and familiar with standard delivery controls and processes
- Delivery skills proficient in Work plan Management including standard Delivery Metrics; Status Reporting; Issue Management; and Risk Management
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong business acumen skills
- Ability to lead and provide guidance to junior team members
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Political navigation on client and stakeholders
You will likely possess a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a relevant field
You will likely have 5+ years of experience in operations management or delivery management, preferably in technology or consulting/professional services
4+ years of people or project/program management
Nature of Work: Creates and implements work plans for assigned projects, programs, and/or clients against established operational objectives;
Scope of Work: Provides operational leadership for work efforts requiring significant coordination.
Complexity: Complex problems that consistently span work domains, requiring considerable judgment of contextual factors.
Discretion: Wide latitude in approach to work, including ability to reshape work plans, guided by professional best practices and domain expertise.
Organizational Impact: Work efforts have significant impact on near- and medium-term Avanade and/or client operations. If client-facing, should contribute to client-relationship and sales outcomes.
Supervision Received: Works independently, with occasional validation of work efforts against strategic and operational objectives. Significant latitude in judgment & approach.
Supervision Provided: Mentors and manages work efforts of more junior colleagues and team members as required by various workstreams; will formally supervise work of project teams. If managing team(s) of more junior employees full-time, then refer to the People & Business Leadership leveling criteria. Often serves as Career Advisor.
Knowledge Applied: Applies advanced knowledge of
learned occupation / discipline and strong business operational acumen.
- % of Direct Net Revenue - % Managed Delivery Compliance to policy- QA Plan coverage to policy- CDP compliance to policy – % Customer Satisfaction vis a vis delivery
This position will be based in São Bernardo do Campo, SP
English is a must have
Requisition ID - 46394
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Senior Analyst, Business & Technology Integration
Kristin interprets program requirements between the client and her project team to ensure clear communication and customer satisfaction.
Back to top