Manager, Cyber Security
Do you know how to stop a sophisticated cyber threat? So do we.
Fortune 500 companies don't need more cybersecurity : they need better cybersecurity . That's where you come in. Working with us, you can help to protect some of the world's biggest companies and keep their assets safe and secure.
About the job
You recognize cyber security is the management of cyber risk associated with people, process, technology and data. You understand the risks businesses face and how to use the Microsoft Ecosystem to design "Zero Trust - Identity and Data Centric" solutions that will mitigate these risks and ensure compliance. You're an astute advisor on Security Transformation, Security Strategy and Security Operations (SOC). As a Cyber Security Manager, you can effectively lead technical and non-technical teams.
Day to day, your work is to:
- Advise clients on the security implications of compliance and regulations such as OSFI, ISO, NIST, PCI, PIPEDA, GDPR etc.
- Carry out threat and risk assessments (TRAs) and develop security architecture to mitigate threats
- Lead and conduct threat modeling activities during Secure Development Lifecycle (SDL)
- Be the "Trusted Advisor" on best practices to protect information
- Actively lead multiple engagements simultaneously and seamlessly
- Mentor junior consultants
- Actively seek and nurture opportunities for business development.
- Lead response to RFPs, scope security programs and assist in closing sales opportunities.
- Actively participate in development of cyber security offerings.
You're passionate about understanding or discovering security vulnerabilities and aspire to be the "Trusted Advisor." You know all about identifying, providing and validating security requirements of IT solutions, and you've done this in a consulting environment. You're a skilled communicator who can effectively articulate cyber security risks to technical and non-technical audiences.
You probably have a Bachelor's degree in technical discipline such as (Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Mathematics etc.) and preferably, a Master's degree in Science, Engineering or Business. You have several years (7 plus) of consulting experience in systems and infrastructure engineering, focused on Cyber security.
Your skills and experience include:
- Giving effective advice in large-scale technology projects while working at all levels - with clients and your team.
- Excellent communication skills in written and oral English
- Consulted extensively in one or more cyber security domains of Identity and Access Management (IAM), Data/Information Protection, Threat Management and Security Operations Management.
- Proficiency in operating systems, database platforms, web technologies, firewalls and programming languages
- Knowledge of information security standards (OSFI, ISO, NIST, PCI, PIPEDA, GDPR etc.)
- Methods and identification tools for risks and security threats
One or more of the following:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
- GIAC Certified
Back to top