Manager, Business Development
Avanade's Business Development group is responsible for generating the new business that drives our consistently outstanding growth. This team brings in net-new business and continuously nurtures and expands existing customer relationships by identifying new service and solution opportunities.
As a Manager of Business Development, you're responsible for generating sales and driving revenue through prospecting, acquiring, developing, and expanding business leads. You develop long-term customer relationships, promote cross-discipline sales and gather referrals, while working closely with account teams to create strategic plans for new clients and grow business within an account.
Day-to-day, you will:
• Plan and manage sales performance, forecasting, revenue generation, and customer satisfaction
• Manage customer engagement opportunities from lead generation to deal review, negotiation and closing
• Maintain proficient understanding of Avanade offerings, Microsoft and Accenture solutions and competitors' offerings
• Work with Avanade colleagues, Microsoft and Accenture to develop strong customer relationships, orchestrate cross-sell opportunities and execute account plans
• Develop and maintain opportunity pipeline using Avanade's customer relationship management (CRM) system
• Support local marketing programs for brand development, market awareness, market positioning and demand generation.
This role calls for someone with exceptional interpersonal and presentation skills. You have the ability to grasp and articulate both big-picture vision as well as the tactical steps needed to get there. Your specific skills includes:
• Great negotiator
• Ability to engender client empathy and trust
• Account planning skills
• Fluency in sales pipeline management and revenue quotas
• Ability to leverage network of inside and outside contacts to increase influence.
You'll have deep experience selling large-scale IT projects and solutions that include significant offshore delivery. It's likely you'll have more than five years of services sales or professional consulting experience and at least one to two years of management experience. You'll likely have a Bachelor's degree, preferably in business, sales, or marketing. An advanced degree (MBA or equivalent) is a plus.
Requisition ID - 57239
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Back to top