Manager, Business Applications Strategy - Advisory
Manager - Business Applications, Advisory Practice
About Avanade's Advisory Practice
Want to create value with digital and turn your ideas into human impact? So do we.
There's one in every group-the person who dreams big and has the motivation to bring their ideas to life, even as others might roll their eyes and prefer to play it safe. Are you that person? One who isn't afraid to break the mold and who gets inspired by the power of digital to transform organizations and ways of working? Because we are building teams of people like that to help our clients unlock the power they need now and own what's next.
At Avanade Advisory, we are breaking apart the traditional process of setting strategies and goals first, then finding technologies to achieve them. In the digital age, there's no time for that linear process. We partner with clients to accelerate value from digital innovation by being bold, imaginative - and fast. We think big and deliver personally. We relentlessly challenge, inspire, and support our clients and each other.
Want the agility and energy of a start-up, backed by the resources of Accenture, Microsoft and the Center for Information Systems Research at MIT Sloan School of Management? Here you will find a team of people who thrive on turning ideas and innovations into breakthrough results for leading organizations around the world. Ultimately, we're not just making business better. We're making life better for our clients and their customers.
If that sounds like you, you sound good to us. Find your next opportunity at Avanade Advisory.
Avanade is seeking a Manager to expand our Business Applications Advisory capabilities. You will collaborate with senior leadership and participate on engagements advising clients at the highest strategic level with big-picture and tactical guidance on how technology enables a wide range of business outcomes. You must possess exception analytical, interpersonal and creative thinking capabilities. You will need to be entrepreneurial, enterprising and personable, possessing exceptional leadership qualities, that allows you to assume a substantive role in the Advisory Practice with an ability to scale over time. Previous management consulting experience is necessary to be successful in this role.
As part of our Business Applications Advisory practice, you'll help our clients realize business transformation, empower business process agility and provide business insight. The Advisory team provides strategic advice and leverages technology advancements (e.g., analytics, intelligent automation, etc.) to drive business transformation. We deliver our broad range of Advisory services through an integrated, collaborative approach between our clients and practitioners.
Day-to-Day/Key Role Responsibilities are:
- Support Business Application Practice Leadership on client engagements, responsible for the project management and associated deliverables
- Key responsibilities include: Create Strategy; Assessments; Vision & Roadmaps and Business Case deliverables as well as provide data driven informational workshops and presentations
- Identify trends and strategies for Business Application solutions to meet client business, financial and technical objectives
- Conduct detailed analyses/interviews to understand and explain client problems and utilize standard consulting engagement practices such as facilitation, interviewing, gap analysis, etc., and provide input for workshops and support clients in service delivery transformation
- Identify, develop and document issues, perform analysis, draw conclusions and formulate strategic recommendations
- Create clear and actionable strategic roadmaps and supporting business cases that both delineate a broader end-game, while also prioritizing quick wins with near-term measurable impact
- Assist senior team members with sales efforts including development of client proposals and pitch mechanics. Delivering sales presentations to clients, including designing and development presentations and responding to RFPs
- Travel as dictated by business needs, up to 80% overnight travel throughout North America
- 6 or more years of external client facing Advisory-Strategy Management Consulting experience from a top management or IT professional services firm. Experience working on Advisory-Strategy engagements in a highly matrixed external client facing environment
- Overseeing Client Engagements in an Advisory practice, with particular subject-matter expertise in one of the following: ERP; CRM; Supply Chain; Business Applications; Emerging Technology Strategy and Assesments (RPA, Blockchain, AI/Bots, AR/VR, etc)
- Cross-sector and functional experience within at least two of the following Vertical Markets: Financial Services / Healthcare/ Life Sciences / Manufacturing / CPG / Utilities
- CIO Strategy, IT Strategy and Business Applications Strategy
- Previous project and people management experience, responsible for Deliverables and project /budget responsibilities, including deadlines, costs and talent
- Demonstrated experience interfacing with executive level clients, assessing stakeholder's goals and objectives and the ability to translate ideas into strategic and practical solutions
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Aptitude for critical and analytical thinking as well as the capacity to accept out-of-the box solutions
- Autonomous, positive thinker, highly flexible and willing to work independently as well as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Bachelor's degree in related field, MBA desirable
- Willingness to travel 80% domestically
Back to top