Manager, Advanced Analytics (Columbus)
About the role
Advanced Analytics consultants use sophisticated analytical tools and techniques to help clients understand and extract value from their data. Avanade's Data Scientists leverage state-of-the-art data mining, analytics, statistical and machine learning techniques to derive insights that inform and optimize strategic and operational activities. Working both independently and as part of a team, this involves all phases of analytics projects, including question formulation, design, research and development, implementation and testing.
As a Manager, Advanced Analytics, you will explore and understand data and build advanced analytical models independently, then present and discuss these models with any level of audience. You will partner directly with delivery teams and client stakeholders to identify, develop and deploy data-driven solutions to find answers to business questions and issues.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Use exploratory data analysis from complex and high-dimensional datasets to produce innovative solutions for clients
- Use a flexible, analytical approach to design, develop and evaluate predictive models and advanced algorithms that lead to optimal value extraction from the data
- Generate and test hypotheses, and analyze and interpret the results of product experiments
- Work with product engineers to translate prototypes into new products, services, and features and provide guidelines for large-scale implementations
- Provide input and guidance on data visualization techniques and opportunities
- Apply knowledge of statistics, machine learning, programming, data modeling, simulation, and advanced mathematics to recognize patterns, identify opportunities, pose business questions, and make valuable discoveries leading to prototype development and product improvement.
You have keen analytic skills and the people and teamwork skills to turn theory into results for our clients. You likely have around five years of experience mining and analyzing complex data sets, preferably in a consulting environment, or a combination of experience and relevant education, and three years or so managing complex teams of business and technical resources.
Your knowledge and skillset likely includes the following:
- Two or more predictive analytics tools, including but not limited to R, Revolution R, SAS, SPSS, MATLAB, MicroStrategy and Tableau
- Statistical modeling, analysis, quantitative analytics, forecasting/predictive analytics, multivariate testing (A/B testing) and optimization algorithms
- High-level programming languages (e.g., S, C++, Python, Julia)
- NoSQL databases and tools (e.g., Hadoop, Hive Spark)
- Exceptional written and oral communication and presentation skills.
You likely have a Master's Degree or Doctorate in a quantitative field such as computer science, applied mathematics, statistics or machine learning.
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 27,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Requisition ID - 46547
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Senior Analyst, Business & Technology Integration
Kristin interprets program requirements between the client and her project team to ensure clear communication and customer satisfaction.
Back to top