Managed Services, Offerings Lead
About the job
This is a senior role with wide-ranging and often complex responsibilities, which call for a depth and breadth of business knowledge beyond the business development discipline.
As the Managed Services Offering Lead, you will be responsible for the performance and growth of our Managed Services offerings. This role will be responsible for developing building on the managed services strategy, delivering against sales and financial performance measures for managed services.
In this role you will be expected to support cross-Market Unit managed service solutions and outcomes through ensuring that Avanade delivers solutions that provide value for clients and results for the business. This role will work in close partnership with the sales organization to drive offerings to target clients and you will also partner with Talent Community Leads to focus on resource and skill needs, both present and future, to ensure the organization is ready and capable to deliver our managed services offerings.
The Offering Lead, Managed Services, is a market making role, responsible for generating sales and driving revenue across our Managed Services portfolio. You will work with our local sales team and marketing to understand the relevance of our offerings for our various industry segments as well as with our global offering specialists to understand the offering in detail.
Day to day, you will:
- Be an evangelist for our Managed Services offerings, educating our sales force and partners around the value that these offerings can provide our clients
- Work with marketing to drive demand for our offerings
- Partner with sales to shape pursuits, bringing local and global client stories to these opportunities
- Work with our capability leader to inform workforce plans and skills development
Strong customer interface and presentation skills are essential in this role, together with a mind-set of customer service. A skillful negotiator, you will be confident acting as trusted advisor when dealing with customers' business needs.
Proactive and practical, you will be adept at assessing market and customer requirements, collaborating with the Australian sales team, Accenture and Microsoft. You will be skilled at determining priorities, establishing a systematic course of action to ensure successful completion, and allocating time and resources effectively. Inside and outside Avanade, your interpersonal skills will enable you to leverage your network to facilitate, develop and influence.
Ideally you have experience selling and delivering Managed Services for applications and/or infrastructure, including significant offshore delivery, is a significant advantage, particularly where you have involved leveraging offshore resources in deal pursuits.
With at least 6 years' experience of services, sales or professional consulting and a minimum of 3 years' management experience, you will be qualified with a Bachelor's degree in business, sales or marketing. Ideally, you will also have an advanced degree to MBA or equivalent level.
Years of Experience: 6+ years of services sales or professional consulting experience
Management Experience: 3+ years of management experience
Education: Bachelor's degree in business, sales or marketing recommended; advanced degree (M.B.A. or equivalent) preferred
- Experience selling global on/offshore solutions, working with global delivery centers
- Experience selling large scale, multi-year managed services solutions
- Experience working with customer teams to identify managed services opportunities
- Experience in positioning Managed Services with senior client stakeholders
- Strong customer interface and presentation skills, with a Customer Focus attitude
- Able to act as a trusted advisor in addressing our customer's business needs
- Knowledgeable of sales pipeline management and sales and revenue quotas
- Able to leverage network of inside and outside contacts to increase influence
- 10+ years working experience with Microsoft technologies (preferable, but not required)
- Demonstrated ability to lead consultants in various project work streams
- Developed technical requirements based on business imperatives
- Ability to write quality high level and detailed design documents, communicate the vision and defend the position
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated team player that is able to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
Required Certifications: Application and/or Infrastructure Solution Architect (preferable)
Requisition ID - 47405
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Senior Analyst, Business & Technology Integration
Kristin interprets program requirements between the client and her project team to ensure clear communication and customer satisfaction.
Back to top