Lead Data Scientist
We are looking for a Lead Data Scientist to lead and accelerate our business growth in predictive analytics and intelligent automation space. We are seeking strong consultation, pre-sales and execution skills to extend our Microsoft data and analytics team. At the core, we are looking to hire a Data Scientist who has both a deep understanding of the business issues faced by our Clients as well as expertise in the analytical techniques that will be used to address them, and the ambition to lead related business and people development.
As a Data Scientist you will be:
- Following the market and further developing and communicating our point of view as a spokesperson towards our Clients and the Finnish market.
- Working with our Clients' Digital and Business key decision makers.
- Working with our Sales to tailor and shape innovative solutions for our Clients driven by exploratory data analysis from complex and high-dimensional datasets, and applying advanced statistical, data mining and machine-learning techniques within the Microsoft platform.
- Owning delivery responsibilities like using analytical approaches to assess, design, develop, and evaluate predictive models and advanced algorithms Your responsibilities may also include client vision and roadmap development, and capability, platform and service implementation project mobilization, and knowledge transfer to our global delivery network.
- Creating and nurturing a broad Subject Matter Expert network both internally and towards Accenture and Microsoft.
You have strong hands on experience from making magic happen through the Data Scientist's tool kits and an ambition to extend not just your own understanding towards the broader stack of artificial intelligence capabilities but to grow a whole new generation of experts and through them the business.
Your skill set likely includes:
- At least Masters Degree in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Physics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Economics etc. or respective practical experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of practical predictive analytics execution experience
- Highly proficient with two or more predictive analytics tools
- 3+ years of demonstrable professional experience in data mining, analysis and advanced modelling/machine learning techniques to solve business problems using large scale, complex data sets
- Highly proficient in statistical analysis, quantitative analytics, forecasting/predictive analytics, multivariate testing (A/B testing), and optimization algorithms
- Able to explain complex analytical methodologies and concepts in a non-technical language
- Experience with NoSQL databases and tools (i.e. Hadoop, Hive Spark, etc.)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills
We also appreciate experience with AWS or Azure or of using data querying tools such as SQL and visualization tools such as Tableau and Qlikview.
What do we offer to you?
Joining Avanade means working in a place where you are able to do your best and find your potential. Our working environment is built on inclusion and approach to challenges is based on not fearing them. We want each person to feel valued, supported and rewarded. This also means that Avanade is a very inspiring place to work. Each of us brings something special to the mix and we strive to make that mix work. We bring the best people in the world together, regardless of who they are or where they come from. That is our plan to succeed in the competitive, continuously changing and global marketplace.
For helping you to progress we provide you a personal training plan and an own Career Advisor. Our consultants spend an average of 80 hours per year on education: technical training, leadership training, delivery training, language education and more. We also enjoy having fun together, our Engagement Team works hard for creating memorable events for all employees.
If this sounds like you then we would love to hear from you. For more information, please contact HR Lead Pirjo Saarni tel. +358 50 300 0206 email [email protected]
Please send your application by 15.08.17
Requisition ID - 45359
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Senior Analyst, Business & Technology Integration
Kristin interprets program requirements between the client and her project team to ensure clear communication and customer satisfaction.
Back to top