Junior Microsoft Security Analyst
Juior Microsoft Security Analyst
Avanade UK is looking to hire a Junior Microsoft Security Analyst for our UK Security Consulting practice.
About the role
Working on some of the largest and leading-edge projects; the role of the Microsoft Security Analyst is to provide 2 nd and 3 rd line Microsoft Security support expertise to our customers.
The Microsoft Security Analyst role requires a good understand and some experience in the Microsoft Security Ecosystem, with candidates demonstrating up to 1 years Microsoft Security support experience.
The role involves monitoring, reporting, maintaining and resolving incidents/problems for our clients Microsoft Security applications and also extends to other vendor products for which you will receive training.
As a junior member of the team you will escalate complex incidents/problems to the Microsoft Security Engineers.
The role requires strong communication, analytical and problem-solving skills and the candidate must work well as part of a team. The candidate should have knowledge and experience following ITIL practices and have some experience in Incident and Problem management procedures.
The opportunity for candidates is to grow and develop in a career focused organisation, whilst working on some of the world's largest and most well-known brands and customers.
As a potential member of our growing Security Consulting practice the successful candidate should have some experience and knowledge of the Microsoft Security solution stack and be willing to learn and upskill in a number of Security technology areas.
This role would suit a candidate who is looking to start a career in Security Consulting and we are open to candidate with good Infrastructure experience, who are willing to re-skill.
Experience in at least three of the technologies listed below is preferred:
- Active Directory Federation Services
- Active Directory Domain Services
- Active Directory Certificate Services
- Azure AD Connect
- Microsoft Identity Manager
- Windows Server Operating Systems
- Office 365 tenant security
- Azure security
- Securing Windows Servers and Clients
- Azure Security
- Office 365 Security
- Windows 10 Security
It is desirable that candidates can demonstrate knowledge, experience and ideally hold certifications in the following areas:
- CompTIA Security+
- Microsoft Office365 exams 70-346, 70-347
- Microsoft Azure exams 70-532, 70-533
- MCSA level certification is desirable.
Working as a Microsoft Security Analyst you will be:
- Have some experience with three or more of the above security technology areas
- Able to use and analyse information to assist incident resolution
- Able to use PowerShell to run scripts templates, develop own scripts and share with Operational/ Delivery leadership to improve operational performance across clients
- Experienced of and have a strong knowledge of Windows Server/ Active Directory
- Able to provide the core hours of service and you will form a part of an on-call rota that is rotated through the team.
- provide 2nd and 3rd line support to our clients
- Reduce the flow of incidents to higher level engineers by good validation.
- Be able to maintain a view of own workload and Identify Incidents that are approaching SLA breach and escalate to Operational Leads for action
- Promptly and accurately dispatch the more complex alerts/incidents/problems to Microsoft Security Engineers
- Adhere to high standards in regard to work/case notes, including as much relevant detail as possible
- Carry out routine maintenance and reporting activities.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Madeleine A.Solutions Developer
As a development lead on Avanade’s projects, including content management modernization, Madeleine works with a team of technical experts to develop and implement solutions for her clients.
Back to top