Junior Data Engineer based in Perth
Do you love making sure that information is accessible and easy to use? So do we.
You are a data designer who knows how to find, store and present a range of information from different sources so that everyone can access what they need quickly and simply, and use it effectively.
About you You draw on your experience in bringing data to life to aim sometimes complex problems, and you're able to use concepts around storing, transforming and visualising data along the way.
About the job As a Junior Data Engineer, you know the importance of data to business. You design and set up projects that bring together information from a variety of sources, to enable analysis and decision-making. You make sure that data is accessible and easy to use, so that it can be used for routine and ad-hoc analysis.
Day to day, you will:
- Use your knowledge to plan and deliver data warehouses and storage
- Take part in crafting and running bespoke data services for individual projects
- Stay up to date with business best practice in using and retrieving data
- Design, develop, adapt and maintain data warehouse architecture and relational databases that support data mining
- Customize storage and extraction, metadata, and information repositories
- Build and use effective metrics and monitoring processes
- Help to develop business intelligence tools
- Craft and maintain report forms and formats, information dashboards, data generators and canned reports, as well as other information portals and resources
- Travel as required
Your skills and experience include:
- Database, storage, collection and aggregation models, techniques and technologies - and how to apply them in business
- Employing data visualization tools and techniques
- Experience in structured problem solving
- Strong knowledge T-SQL and .NET C#
- Superb communication skills
- Ability to use technology to aim business problems using one or more Microsoft Analytics services for building data pipelines, data streams, and system integration
- Knowledge of Azure tools such as Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, Azure SQL DW or Azure SQL
- Knowledge of Big Data tools such as Hadoop / Azure HDInsight + Spark, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Databricks, Azure Stream Analytics
- Experience preparing data for Data Science and Machine Learning
- Crafting and building Data Pipelines using streams of IoT data
- Knowledge of Dev-Ops processes (including CI/CD) and Infrastructure as code fundamentals
Avanade® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
Back to top