ITS Analytics Consultant - Denver and Seattle locations
About the role:
The Analytics Consultant focuses on building impactful data visualization and solutions to support business decisions at Avanade. Its goal is to support the use of data-driven insights in business performance, opportunities for improvement and identification of root cause problem analysis.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Gather requirements for business analysis from end users and document the same
- Understand business objectives of analysis and document the same
- Rationalize and identify use cases for developing data visualization, including identifying different personas for each use case
- Provide input and guidance on data visualization techniques and opportunities
- Undertake data analysis and collaborate with business domain SMEs to pose business questions and shape data to meet data visualization needs
- Build prototypes that lead to optimal value extraction from the data and then work with engineers to industrialize the solution
- Develop data models, data shaping logic and data visualizations using Power BI
- Use Power BI, Excel, Power Query, PowerPivot and DAX to develop Power BI Models/Solutions
You have keen analytic skills and the people and teamwork skills to turn conceptual discussions into tangible analytics solutions. You have hands-on experience as a developer including data models, Power BI and SSAS based reports and dashboards. You have a strong eye on analytics experience, telling the data story and data visualization. You have a passion for predictive analytics and Machine Learning.
Your knowledge and skillset likely include:
- Demonstrable experience working with database, storage, collection and aggregation models, techniques and technologies, with the ability to apply such methods to solve business problems
- Experience working with two or more of the following technologies - Python, R, DAX, SSAS, Azure Blob, Azure Data Lake, Azure ML, U-SQL and Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience developing reports and dashboards in Power BI
- Experience in a functional role (Finance, Marketing, Sales, etc.)
- Self-starter, ability to meet goals independently
- Articulate analytical concepts and how they translate into solutions and business value
- Exceptional written and oral communication and presentation skills
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Requisition ID - 53595
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Manager, Experience Design
Joshua guides and supports Avanade’s junior employees in their paths to create exceptional experience designs for company clients—while also working with clients and stakeholders himself.
Back to top