IT Project Management
As an IT Project Management, you will be accountable for ensuring that the project's assigned portion of the Business Case planned value is delivered and that the end product fulfills the contract and meets the sponsor's expectations. This role will actively support sales, estimating, planning, mobilization, execution and successful closure of projects.
During the project life cycle, you will communicate status with regular frequency, manage risks and issues, and monitor financial performance according to in-place agreements made between Avanade and the customer.
Day-to-day you will:
- Monitor, report, and respond to issues and risks associated with the project
- Provide oversight on junior team members' work
- Balance scope, schedule, budget, quality, and risks and proposes and implement adjustments as necessary
- Develop, implement, and maintain a detailed project work plan, including appropriate controls, governance structures and monitoring to ensure on-time, on-budget, and quality outcomes
- Develop traceable requirements during project lifecycle
- Develop and implement change management and change enablement processes throughout project duration
- Assist in the sales process, including estimating work effort and expenses using Avanade's standard tools
- Develop customer relationships and perceptions to achieve mutual goals
- Manage Avanade and subcontractor staff assigned to the project
- Engage and partner with appropriate onshore, offshore and near shore workforces, including Service Licensing Agreements (SLAs).
Technical skills and knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to think and work systematically and logically
- Basic understanding of contract terms and interpretation
- Proven skills in customer expectations management
- Working knowledge of project/product management methods, tools, techniques
- Working knowledge of Microsoft platform technologies
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Project and Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Working knowledge of Earned Value reporting
Skills and knowledge
- Clear and concise oral and written communication
- Results oriented / self-directed ability to drive change in unstructured environment
- Good client interface and presentation skills
- Business acumen
- Time management skills
- Customer oriented attitude and good interpersonal skills
Preferred Certifications: Project Management Institute CAPM certification preferred, but not required
Preferred Education Background: You likely have a Bachelor's degree in business or technology-related field (or equivalent).
Preferred Years of Work Experience : You likely have about 3 - 5 years of consulting project management experience
Preferred Years of Management Experience: 2+ years of direct people management experience
Scope of Work:
- Nature of Work: Executes project/program plans and processes in alignment with established operational objectives.
- Scope of Work: Work must be coordinated across different workstreams, processes, or projects.
- Complexity: Complex problems that can span across work domains requiring considerable judgement of contextual factors.
- Discretion: Wide latitude in approach to work within established work plans.
- Organizational Impact: Work efforts have an immediate impact on Avanade and/or client operations. If client-facing, should start to support client relationship and sales outcomes.
- Supervision Received: Works under general guidance and direction, but fully independent in own work with latitude for autonomous decision-making related to work process.
- Supervision Provided: Supports more junior colleagues on work efforts, with routine supervision of work efforts. May serve as Career Advisor.
- Knowledge Applied: Applies advanced knowledge of a learned occupation / discipline and basic knowledge of business operations.
- Personal goals
Back to top