Intune Architect - Southeast Region
About the Role
The Infrastructure Consulting team designs, implements and configures Enterprise technology architecture solutions. The team's expertise spans operating systems/compute, storage, database, networking and operations infrastructure, typically involving Microsoft or multi-vendor technology stacks.
As an Intune Architect with proven expertise in Endpoint Transformation/Modernization, you will be a desktop transformation evangelist, and will help drive the development of others. You will work with clients to define technical and business requirements, and to establish your team as trusted technology advisors. You will identify opportunities to transform their information technology ecosystems as their business needs and technical requirements change.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Execute large-scale Win7/Win10 desktop deployments and transformations, migrations and endpoint reconfiguration projects
- Partner with cross-functional technology and design teams to integrate technology, operations and solution requirements into solution strategies
- Conduct client requirements gathering and lead technical design workshops with key stakeholders
- Lead and contribute to internal project team meetings
- Develop solution documentation ranging from high-level/logical designs to detailed technical designs, build guides, operational guides and knowledge transfer materials
- Design and conduct systems integration testing, component integration testing and user acceptance testing for all solutions
- Create project deliverables to time, cost and quality expectations
- Interface with and direct offshore delivery personnel
- Travel as needed by either the client or Avanade.
You are a passionate and driven technologist with strong business acumen, and a highly-customer-centric approach. You are comfortable working with or guiding technical teams and client business users, and you know how to build bridges between the two.
With your excellent communications skills, you are adept at mapping business needs to technology solutions and helping non-technical audiences understand the benefits of these solutions.
Your technical skillset likely includes:
- Knowledge of several of the following areas:
- System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) Current Branch
- Microsoft Intune and other MDM/MAM solutions
- Windows 7/8/10 Operating Systems, including the ability to drive detailed technical workshops around migration, features, servicing and security
- Windows-as-a-Service (WaaS)
- Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) and Windows Deployment Services (WDS)
- Microsoft Enterprise Mobility + Security (EMS)
- Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA), Single Sign-on (SSO), and Rights Management Services (RMS) Approaches
- Microsoft Active Directory services (AD) and Azure Active Directory services (AAD)
- Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft O365 Admin Portal Tools
- Knowledge of operationalizing technology solutions within client businesses
- Knowledge of operations management, systems security and security standards, testing processes and protocols, relational databases, network devices and other core infrastructure concepts
- Deployment methodologies and User State Migration processes
Your non-technical experience likely includes:
- Interacting with clients and building strong trust and results-based relationships
- Proven track record of successfully delivering infrastructure solutions
- Working with global teams, virtual teams and offshore resources/delivery centers
- Project reporting and an awareness of Project Management methodologies
- Knowledge of ITIL v3 processes and standards
- Continuing self-development and credentialization through certification
- Open to travel to client locations as needed.
You likely have at least four years of relevant experience and a Bachelor's Degree in computer science, computer engineering, management information systems or a related field. MCSA or MCSE certifications preferred. Ideally, you will hold current Microsoft/other vendor certifications, or have aspiration to achieve multiple certifications in a compressed timeframe.
- 2+ years' experience with Microsoft Intune and other MDM/MAM solutions
- 3+ years' experience with System Center Configuration Management (SCCM) design/architecture and operations/administration
- Experience with Microsoft Enterprise Mobility + Security (EMS)
- Experience with the implementation of Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA), Single Sign-on (SSO), and/or Rights Management Services (RMS)
- Experience with Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 and Windows 7/8/10 desktop transformation and desktop modernization processes
- Active Directory migration and transformation
- PowerShell, VBs and other scripting
- Windows Image development, testing and remediation
- Strong understanding of network protocols/services and network infrastructure and devices
- Windows ADK including Windows Image Configuration Designer (WICD), User State Migration Tool (USMT) and other deployment tools
- Dynamic Operating System Deployment (OSD), Task Sequence development and testing
- Group Policy Object analysis, design, implementation and testing
- Desktop and Application Virtualization platforms and technologies, such as Hyper-V, App-V, VMware and Citrix
- Windows Defender Antivirus/SCEP, host-based firewalls and endpoint protection solutions from other vendors
- Strong technical troubleshooting, analytical, organizational and prioritization skills
- Experience with O365 considered a plus.
- Experience with AutoPilot considered a plus.
- Must be open to travel to customer and Avanade locations
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
Requisition ID - 52308
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Manager, Experience Design
Joshua guides and supports Avanade’s junior employees in their paths to create exceptional experience designs for company clients—while also working with clients and stakeholders himself.
Back to top