"Innovation Advisory" NA Practice- Digital Products & Services
About the Role:
Innovation Advisory (formerly called Digital Advisory) is directly tied to delivering direct client value relative to digital innovation, disruption, and business transformation. This role is aimed, therefore, to provide both thought and team leadership as well as tangible executional value to client executives and stakeholders across our client base, building the kind of relationships that will grow our reputation in the industry.
This key role is responsible for a talent base within a region or area of industry capability and have both responsibilities aimed inward toward the performance of the team of consultants under their wing, as well as direct client interaction on projects that they themselves scope and execute. Therefore, the role requires modulating from advisor and mentor to senior level consultant capable of researching and delivering exceptional value to clients.
They are co-creators of digital strategy with our clients and ecosystem partners (such as Accenture or Microsoft) and are constantly seeking new opportunities for the company while walking the halls on client site. The primary emphasis is to be in front of our clients, working to create more and higher-level opportunities for the firm.
You will achieve this through guiding our clients toward insights. This may be done through leading collaborative workshops, research of technology, demographic, or industry trends, and/or running point on an engagement and owning the outcomes. Creation of digital transformation roadmaps, as well as associated business cases that persuade are a normal deliverable.
Avanade's work spans the full realm of digital's potential: from digital marketing and content strategies, to new digital services and product conceptualization, through to the operations and governance needed to instill and drive sustained innovation across Fortune 500 companies. As Digital Transformation knows no bounds, our Innovation Advisory team is expected to learn, unlearn, and relearn with the changing currents of client need.
- Develop a deep understanding of client and competitor business models, experiences, and the technologies required to achieve competitive advantage.
- Clearly articulate and nurture a way forward through business justification and engaging, impactful story-telling.
- Leverage advanced communication skills to guide stakeholders to develop and implement strategies, policies, and processes that are fit for purpose.
- Lead and guide project teams regarding strategically critical work requiring significant coordination. May also manage project budgets (along with the PMO).
- Build strong alliances and identify key selling opportunities with Avanade Sales, Business Units, Accenture, and Microsoft.
- Run strategically oriented pitches with the support and guidance of the management team, aligning on established offerings when necessary.
- Shape deal structures and staffing.
- Interview, on-board, and mentor more junior Innovation Advisory employees.
- Actively knowledge-share across Avanade and serve as internal evangelist for our value.
- Help define new offerings and processes.
- Generate thought leadership materials to open doors.
Skills and Capabilities:
- Inspiring and collaborative team leader, capable of directing the work of others across a variety of account types and sizes, potentially across regions.
- Demonstrated blend of Analytical and Creative thinker across highly complex business problems.
- Thorough understanding of research and discovery techniques:
- "Design Thinking" client workshop facilitation
- Market/SWOT analysis
- Competitive benchmarking
- End-user understanding through primary and secondary research
- Cost modelling and planning for both sales and implementation.
- Business models and justification for digital spend.
- Deep knowledge of at least one out of three core areas of emphasis within Avanade's Innovation Advisory practice: 1) Digital Marketing, 2) Digital Products and Services, and 3) Digital Organization Planning and Management.
- Using data to refine business outcomes over time.
- Multi-disciplinary team leadership in a matrixed environment.
- Internal and external networking.
- Experience with agile techniques.
- Clear communications, including persuasive writing and presenting.
Preferred Educational Background:
College degree, along with relevant interactive consulting and/or interactive agency experience.
Preferred Years of Work Experience:
8+ years advising senior clients regarding digital strategy, including new services and software applications, digital marketing, and overall business transformation.
8+ years building and managing teams.
Accountabilities and Metrics:
- Regional and national business growth in Innovation Advisory including both direct revenue from consulting and "pull-through" revenue for follow-on engineering, design, and consulting work.
- Quality of strategic output as evaluated by client satisfaction and internal peers. (C-Sat)
- Achieving billable targets
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help fuel transformation and growth for our clients and their customers. Avanade has 30,000 digitally connected people across 24 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate.
At Avanade, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace where our people can be the best at what they do. We are proud be among leading organizations who are taking a stand for gender equity, both in and outside the workplace. This includes teaming with like-minded partners who are as passionate as we are about strengthening the role of women in the workplace, including Women in Technology International, Anita Borg Institute and Catalyst.
Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation.
Learn more at www.avanade.com
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, colour, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, marital status or any other protected status. Avanade is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Requisition ID - 54084
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Back to top