Infrastructure Delivery Manager
About the role
The Avanade Delivery Management team is responsible for successfully delivering projects to Avanade clients through sound project organization, staff management and adherence to proven methodologies and technologies.
As a Delivery Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring successful project delivery as measured by schedule, budget, deliverable quality and client satisfaction. You will be actively involved in the sales and estimating phases of each project as well as in planning, mobilization, execution and closure.
Throughout the project life-cycle, you will regularly communicate status to all stakeholders, manage risks and issues and monitor financial performance.
Day-to-day you will:
- Be involved with the Delivery of enterprise scale Infrastructure and/or Application Development projects.
- Develop, implement and maintain a detailed project work plan, including appropriate controls, governance structures, timelines, budget and quality outcomes.
- Contribute to the sales process, including estimating work effort and expenses using Avanade's standard tools.
- Mentor and manage consultants assigned to the project and serve as escalation point.
- Develop and implement change enablement processes throughout the project.
- Engage and partner with appropriate onshore, offshore and near shore workforces, including Service Licensing Agreements (SLAs).
- Travel to client locations as needed.
You are an experienced, results-oriented project manager. You know how to organize diverse resources and bring together diverse stakeholders in support of project goals. Your leadership and organizational capabilities help you to win, no matter how complex or immovable a project obstacle appears to be.
Your technical skillset likely includes:
- Demonstrated ability to think and work systematically and logically.
- Working knowledge of at least one software development methodology.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft platform technologies.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Project.
- Basic knowledge of contract terms and working knowledge of earned value reporting.
Your general business skills likely include:
- Proven skills in customer expectations management, client interface, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Good negotiation skills, and clear and concise oral and written communication.
- Solid business acumen.
- Good time management.
- You will likely have 2+ years of consulting experience and 5+ years of Delivery Management/Program Management/Project Management experience.
- Experience in delivering enterprise scale O365/Azure Migration projects is required.
- Experience in delivering Exchange, SharePoint, AD, Skype, Microsoft Office or Windows deployment projects preferable
- Experience in guiding delivery team on delivery best practices, approach/strategy.
- Experience managing client and program stakeholders' expectations and business objectives.
- Ability to provide an open, productive, motivating atmosphere within the project team.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Project.
- Experience working with offshore teams.
Your education likely includes a Bachelor's Degree in business or a technology-related field. Project Management Institute (PMI) certification is preferred but not required.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
Requisition ID - 47928
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Senior Analyst, Business & Technology Integration
Kristin interprets program requirements between the client and her project team to ensure clear communication and customer satisfaction.
Back to top