Industry Marketing Manager - Retail expert with strong IT / Technology Consulting Services exp.
Industry Marketing – Retail
- Requires Marketing experience within an IT Professional or Technology Consulting Services organization
Job: Industry Marketing / Product Marketing
Level: Group Manager / Sr. Manager
Locations: US / Location open
About the role:
The Retail Industry Marketing Manager is responsible for leading the development of global go-to-market activities to promote our Retail services technology consulting capabilities. The position focuses on marketing our IT /Tech professional services to Retail clients.
As a Global Systems Integrator, Avanade primarily sells IT/ Technology consulting / professional services and requires a unique blend of core marketing activities and industry marketing activities to engage sellers, market influencers, partners, and clients.
In collaboration with our subject matter experts, the marketing manager will be focused on increasing awareness of Avanade's expertise in Retail, enabling sellers to carry conversations through content development, and support lead generation efforts. In addition, a key aspect of the position will be to work with Microsoft and Accenture marketing organizations to develop initiatives supporting outreach to clients and prospects.
The ideal candidate for this position is a strong marketing individual contributor and content creator coordinating multiple projects and initiatives on a global basis. He/she will participate to the creation of the Retail marketing strategy and manage the resulting projects and budgets.
The ideal candidate is a person seeking an individual contributor marketing position that provides opportunities for growth and influence. The individual will need a strong vision and leadership coupled with the ability to negotiate the best outcomes for Avanade, coupled with energy and creativity to position Avanade as a leader in the industry.
The key responsibilities of this position may contain the following activities and initiatives.
- Lead the promotion of our Retail vision for our clients
- Engage the Analyst community
- Coordinate activities with Microsoft and Accenture at global trade shows to raise Avanade's profile and generate leads
- Develop messaging, positioning, and value propositions to differentiate Avanade
- Build sales materials including playbooks, sales decks, leave-behinds, training, message and solution videos
- Contribute to the creation of great public evidence
- Work with Avanade SME's on producing POVs on emerging technologies
- Support related campaigns with targeted and creative material content
- Develop relations with Microsoft and Accenture to create joint activities and sales mobilizations
- Promote industry solutions and accelerators
- Provide market intelligence to sales teams
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 29,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities' whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
- This role requires strong marketing experience within an IT /Technology Professional or Consulting Services organization.
- Your experience should include core marketing roles (product marketing, content marketing, demand generation, and campaign management) marketing professional services to Retail organizations
- You should have expertise focused on Retail digital transformation
Your other likely experience:
- 8 + years in content and marketing program design and development experience
- Experience working on a global scale with stakeholders around the globe and embrace cultural and business diversity
- Although this is a hand-on contributor role, this position requires strong leadership and vision coupled with energy and creativity
- Must demonstrate experience in managing global marketing programs including: creating and managing marketing plans and monitoring and reporting on results; coordinating field marketing activities; managing budgets; coordinating internal and external communications (with greater focus on internal communications); and developing customer credentials.
In addition, your skillset likely includes:
- Ability to work under pressure and to manage conflicts and reach compromises
- Proven experience in developing successful content marketing programs at the service or solution level. We are seeking candidates who have deep and wide experience in development multiple content types.
- Strong research and writing skills with demonstrated experience delivering content for public relations, websites, collateral, and marketing campaigns.
- Excellent listening, communication, and presentation skills with strong ability to influence people at all levels
- Proven ability to collaborate with and influence business and technical audiences across the business
Other preferred experience
- Prior work experience in marketing one or more of the following of business solutions: digital marketing, analytics, enterprise resource planning, customer relationship management, managed services, application development, and social collaboration/knowledge management.
- Knowledge of the practical application of social media in B2B marketing
Your education likely
- Applicable BA or BS Degree. MBA preferred but not required.
About AvanadeIs An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade promotes equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, status as a protected disabled or Vietnam Era Veteran, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Requisition ID - 47417
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Senior Analyst, Business & Technology Integration
Kristin interprets program requirements between the client and her project team to ensure clear communication and customer satisfaction.
Back to top