Industry Marketing - Banking * Must have previous IT /Consulting /Professional Services exp.*
About the role:
The Financial Services Industry Marketing Manager is responsible for leading the development of global go-to-market activities (Awareness building, internal and external content development and campaign support) to promote our financial services technology consulting capabilities. The core of the job revolves around marketing our professional services to financial services clients..
As a Global Systems Integrator, Avanade primarily sells technology consulting services and requires a unique blend of core marketing activities and industry marketing activities to engage sellers, market influencers, partners, and clients. In collaboration with our Financial Services subject matter experts, the marketing manager will be focused on increasing awareness of Avanade's expertise in Financial Services, enabling sellers to carry conversations through content development, and support lead generation efforts. In addition, a key aspect of the position will be to work with Microsoft and Accenture marketing organizations to develop initiatives supporting outreach to clients and prospects.
The ideal candidate for this position is a strong marketing individual contributor and content creator coordinating multiple projects and initiatives on a global basis. The Financial Services Industry Marketing Manager will participate to the creation of the banking marketing strategy and manage the resulting projects and budgets including thought leadership creation, media and influencer outreach, social and internal/external communication tactics, sales materials
development, campaign, sales mobilization and event support.
The ideal candidate is a person seeking an individual contributor mid-level marketing position that provides opportunities for growth and influence. Because Avanade has a matrixed structure with stakeholders around the globe, two major Alliance partners Microsoft and Accenture, a partner ecosystem, the individual will need strong a strong vision and leadership coupled with the ability to negotiate the best outcomes for Avanade. In addition, energy and creativity will be two qualities necessary to push the Financial Services agenda and position Avanade as a perceived leader in this industry.
The key responsibilities of this position may contain the following activities and initiatives.
- Awareness increase
- Lead the promotion of our Financial Services vision for our clients
- Engage the Analyst community
- Coordinate activities with Microsoft and Accenture at global trade shows to raise Avanade's profile and generate leads
- Content development
- Develop messaging, positioning, and value propositions to differentiate Avanade
- Build sales materials including playbooks, sales decks, leave-behinds, training, message and solution videos
- Contribute to the creation of great public evidence
- Work with Avanade SME's on producing POVs on emerging technologies such as VR, AI, digital agents, etc. to position Avanade as a leader in innovation in Financial Services
- Campaign support
- Support Financial Services campaigns with targeted and creative material content
- Develop relations with Microsoft and Accenture to create joint activities and sales mobilizations
- Promote industry solutions and accelerators
- Provide market intelligence to sales team
Your likely experience:
We are looking specifically for either an Industry Solutions or Product Marketing expert. Must have proven Industry Solutions knowledge focused on digital transformation in Banking.
- Expertise in marketing professional services to financial services organizations
- 8 + years in content and marketing program design and development experience focused on Financial Services digital transformation
- Experience working on a global scale with stakeholders around the globe and embrace cultural and business diversity
- Although this is a hand-on contributor role, this position requires strong leadership and vision coupled with energy and creativity
- Must demonstrate experience in managing global marketing programs including: creating and managing marketing plans and monitoring and reporting on results; coordinating field marketing activities; managing budgets; coordinating internal and external communications (with greater focus on internal communications); and developing customer credentials.
In addition, your skillset likely includes:
- Experience working for an enterprise software company or professional services company.
- Ability to work under pressure and to manage conflicts and reach compromises
- Proven experience in developing successful content marketing programs at the service or solution level. We are seeking candidates who have deep and wide experience in development multiple content types.
- Strong research and writing skills with demonstrated experience delivering content for public relations, websites, collateral, and marketing campaigns.
- Excellent listening, communication, and presentation skills with strong ability to influence people at all levels
- Proven ability to collaborate with and influence business and technical audiences across the business
Other preferred experience
- Prior work experience in marketing one or more of the following of business solutions: digital marketing, analytics, enterprise resource planning, customer relationship management, managed services, application development, and social collaboration/knowledge management.
- Knowledge of the practical application of social media in B2B marketing
Your education likely
- Applicable BA or BS Degree. MBA preferred but not required.
Requisition ID - 47321
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Senior Analyst, Business & Technology Integration
Kristin interprets program requirements between the client and her project team to ensure clear communication and customer satisfaction.
Back to top