HR Business Partner: Global Market Units (Manager)
About the role:
The Manager Human Resources, GMU is responsible for HR operational activities within Avanade's four market units and respective Centers of Excellence.
Your business partnership will be with a highly technical workforce. You will help managers and employees with tasks related to employee engagement, employee relations, recruitment, onboarding, performance management, professional development, compensation, benefits and general administration.
Day-to-day, you will
- Liaise with Centers of Excellence to launch and manage various people programs including Talent Management, Rotation and Development, Engagement, Rewards and Recognition.
- Provide key input to the development and maintenance of Avanade policies and processes
- Prepare, coordinate and implement annual Avanade appraisal process.
- Act as "sounding board" for regional career development. Provide counseling to both employees and leadership on addressing career development needs.
- Prepare, coordinate and support Managers on disciplinary actions, terminations and reductions in force.
- Liaise with legal and recruiting representation to ensure all employment contracts are valid, comprehensive and protect both Avanade's and the employee's interests; also work with legal and recruiting on ensuring all contractor agreements are valid, comprehensive and protect Avanade's interests
- Coordinate work visas and Immigration matters
- Develop and supervise training initiatives including rotation plans, knowledge transfer, functional skill development, team building, etc.
- Contribute to the creation of global policies and programs through participation on special projects
- Handle employee grievances and conflict
- Be an ambassador for employees at Avanade
- Continually assess morale within the organization and prepare strategies to better motivate and retain current employees
- Manage and update HR Databases / Systems and enable maximum benefit to be derived from the system.
- 5-8 years of diverse or complex HR Business Partner experience
- Experience supporting technical and/or consulting environments
- Global experience is also preferred; understanding a variety of work cultures, employment laws and practices
- Strong stakeholder management.
- Strong knowledge of the following competencies: compensation, benefits, employee relations, recruiting, performance management and professional development
- Development and execution of policies and programs
- Ability to collate and interpret data and make recommendations based on trends.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and leadership ability
- Strong judgment and decision-making skills
- Ability to be team oriented and collaborative yet can provide individual contributor value
- Ability to interact and influence all levels of people, as well as, overall Avanade culture.
Education: Bachelor's degree in HR, Business, Leadership or Psychology recommended
HR Certifications a strong plus: SPHR, PHR, or CHRL or equivalent
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 27,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com
Requisition ID - 58077
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Back to top