Hadoop Data Engineering
At Avanade, we champion creativity and free-thinking, embrace diversity, and geek out over the newest technologies. We believe innovation is powered by people working together to change things for the better. This is a real career for the real you in the real world. When you're ready to make it real, join us.
Your challenges, your opportunities.
As a Group Manager for the Hadoop Data Engineering team, you will:
- Lead the design and implementation of Data Warehouse, BI and Advanced Analytics projects focused on collecting and making data accessible from disparate sources to enable analysis, predictive modelling and insight generation
- Work with sales teams to provide subject matter expertise and solution support on Advanced Analytics proposals
- Analyze current business practices, processes, and procedures and identify business opportunities for leveraging data, reporting and analytics capabilities
- Ensure data is delivered and integrated in ways that meet client requirements and drive value, using tools such as SSIS, SSRS, Power BI, Azure HDInsight, Sqoop, MapReduce, Hive, Pig, Apache Spark, Apache Storm and other related Hadoop technologies
- Provide thought leadership around best practices in analytics platforms, business intelligence, data management, big data and IoT
- Drive the uplift of Advanced Analytics capability within the team through mentoring and coaching of other team members
- Travel as needed, up to 80%
Are you a fit?
We're looking for someone with about 5-7+ years in data warehousing preferably in management consulting. Ideally with direct experience with Azure Data Platform, SSIS, SSRS, data warehouse, data integration, Power BI and advanced SQL Skills. You would have a very good understanding of e2e Advanced Analytics architectures, tools and technologies and preferably some practical experience in the implementation of Hadoop integration technologies such as Sqoop, MapReduce, Hive, Pig, Spark. You likely possess MS/PhD in quantitative field such as computer science, applied mathematics, statistics, or machine learning. An equivalent combination of education and experience will also suffice.
Why choose Avanade?
At Avanade you're empowered with innovative thinking and armed with cutting-edge Microsoft Technology to help our clients work better and revolutionize the way they look after their customers.
- Further, faster - We know it's important for you to keep moving forward, that's why you'll get a minimum of 80 training hours a year across the latest technologies, client solutions and soft skills.
- More than technology - Day-to-day, you'll work on high-profile digital projects while being surrounded by people who have a passion for delivering results for our clients and their customers.
- Real world, real career - We're looking for passionate technology consultants who embrace change and collaboration. At Avanade, we invest in you. If you're ready to make your career real, join us.
Requisition ID - 47926
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Senior Analyst, Business & Technology Integration
Kristin interprets program requirements between the client and her project team to ensure clear communication and customer satisfaction.
Back to top