Group Manager, Security - Cyber Security, Advisory
Group Manager - Security-IT Strategy, Advisory Practice
About Avanade's Advisory Practice
The North American Advisory team is responsible for long-term strategy and business solutions, providing advice and leveraging technology advancements while steering our Clients through business transformations. We deliver a broad range of Advisory Strategic Services through an integrated yet collaborative approach between our clients and practitioners.
Avanade Advisory Practice specializes in engagements across several key Advisory Practice areas: IT Strategy/Applications & Infrastructure which includes our Cyber Security practice area; Modern Workplace; Business Applications Strategy; Change Enablement and Data & AI.
Avanade's Advisory Practice focuses on the Identification, Formulation AND Realization of business strategy objectives utilizing Best Practices Methodology while creating an exceptional Client experience.
Avanade is seeking a Group Manager to expand its Cyber Security IT Strategy Advisory capabilities. You will manager engagements advising clients at the highest strategic level with big-picture and tactical guidance on how technology enables a wide range of business outcomes. You must possess exception analytical, interpersonal and creative thinking capabilities. You will need to be entrepreneurial, enterprising and personable, possessing exceptional leadership qualities, that allows you to assume a critical role in the Advisory Practice with an ability to scale over time.
The Cyber Security IT Strategy Advisory team provides strategic security advice and leverages technology advancements (e.g., analytics, intelligent automation, etc.) to drive data and systems protection and security. We deliver our broad range of security advisory services through an integrated, collaborative approach between our clients and practitioners. You'll be responsible for collaborating with the management team, within a highly matrixed organization, with a significant role in achieving both corporate and practice objectives, including sales and revenue goals. You will regularly provide strategic advice to senior clients while providing technical, operational and people leadership of work efforts.
This role requires a deep knowledge and experience in delivering and managing Information Security programs, including IT Security Strategy; IT Security Operations; Security Training and Awareness; IT General Controls Compliance and Audit Management; IT Forensics; Identity and Access Management; Cybersecurity; Data Privacy and IT Risk.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Engage with leadership and clients in strategic discussions to provide best in class Cyber/ Security IT Strategy and industry guidance to maximize client's long-term business objectives
- Develop strong and lasting relationships with client executives, effectively sell follow on Security Advisory engagements
- Shape security architectures for existing and proposed technologies
- Partner with internal stakeholders and clients on security risk programs
- Assess information security risks on new and existing IT projects
- Develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients; organize and lead pursuit teams; participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process; contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies
- Convert strategic direction into operational goals
- Support client engagements to identify creative Security solutions. Responsibilities include, among others, managing teams to create Security strategy, assessment, vision & roadmap, and business case deliverables as well as deliver workshops and presentations
- Identify key client Security issues and determining client needs and supplementing the standard assessment techniques and tools with innovative approaches while leading technical teams in developing and supporting Clients' IT Security Solutions
- Manager current-state Security assessments through stakeholder interviews and design workshops and support clients in Security transformations
- Promote a "high performance culture" of empowerment, accountability, and profitable growth
- Travel as dictated by business needs, often 50% to 80% overnight travel throughout North America supporting Global Clients
- Enthusiastically contribute towards industry specific offerings/ thought leadership development.
- Collaborate with leadership/management in go to market strategies around Information Security, Data Privacy, IT Compliance, IT Risk and Data Governance.
- Participate in internal and client-facing account management Security Strategy and Planning sessions and formal proposal presentation
Key Role Responsibilities:
Operating with senior client executives (C-levels, VPs, Group Managers), you will assist our clients in successfully defining their Cyber / Security and Technology Strategies, investments and operating models to support their Security priorities. As a successful Group Manager you will:
- Manage the delivery of a broad range of Security strategy and Security engagements
- Possess deep understanding of Security trends and strategies for identifying Security solutions to meet client business, financial and technical objectives
- Conduct detailed risk analyses and assessments to understand and explain client problems and utilize standard consulting management skills such as facilitation, interviewing, gap analysis, etc.
- Provide clients with up-to-date information on different threats and security vulnerabilities that organizations may face, to ensure there are solutions in place to mitigate those risks
- Identify, develop and document Security issues, perform Security/Cyber Risk analysis, draw conclusions and formulate strategic recommendations
- Actively develop and maintain client relationships at senior levels
- Enthusiastically contribute towards industry specific offerings/ thought leadership development
- Participate in the sales process while collaborating with team members with sales efforts including development of client proposals and pitch mechanics
Required Skills & Experience:
- Experience in a Security Consulting leadership role, managing both talent and project budgets
- Bachelor's degree in IT, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a technical related discipline. Masters/MBA preferred.
- You are CISM certified and have several years of systems and infrastructure engineering experience with a focus on IT Security, Certified candidates in related Security Certifications: CISSP, GSEC, CISM OR CISA preferred
- 8+ years' experience in IT security related Management Consulting positions (IT security manager, security auditor, security analysts) from a top management or IT professional services firm, with experience managing projects, budgets and teams, as well as managing RFP with Sales Revenue and Sold Revenue management responsibilities.
- Willingness to travel up to 80% domestically, as needed, to support Customers and Projects
- Demonstrated experience interfacing with executive level clients, assessing stakeholder's goals and objectives and the ability to translate ideas into strategic and practical solution recommendations
- Previous management consulting experience working on multiple workstreams/engagements in a highly matrixed external client facing environment, within a Security / Advisory practice
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Aptitude for critical and analytical thinking as well as the capacity to accept out-of-the box solutions
- Autonomous, positive thinker, highly flexible and willing to work independently as well as part of a multi-disciplinary team
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help fuel transformation and growth for our clients and their customers. Avanade has 30,000 digitally connected people across 24 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate.
Avanade® Is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, marital status or any other protected status. Avanade is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act . We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace where our people can be the best at what they do. We are proud be among leading organizations who are taking a stand for gender equity, both in and outside the workplace. This includes teaming with like-minded partners who are as passionate as we are about strengthening the role of women in the workplace, including Women in Technology International, Anita Borg Institute and Catalyst.
Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation.
Learn more at www.avanade.com
Requisition ID - 56126
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Back to top