Group Manager, Enterprise Technical Architect
The Senior Technical Manager (Architecture)
The Senior Technical Manger is responsible for architecting solutions for customer's strategic program, fixed odds stream and performing the following activities:
- Evaluating Business Requirements
- Performing Analysis and Design with the purpose of providing application and technical architecture solutions that meet those business requirements
- Preparation of the necessary documentation artefacts as per the client's methodology
- Ability to work in an environment transitioning from a traditional waterfall approach to a sprint based iterative approach utilizing DevOps principles
- Lead the process of scoping and designing technical solutions, including analysis of business requirements, evaluating business enabling technologies, defining system architecture, scoping resource needs, researching technical alternatives, identifying risks and recommending delivery approach to successfully deliver the required business functionality
- Prepare technical proposal, architecture design document and system design document, provide technical direction, and guide delivery teams (including application development) in the delivery of technically challenging solutions.
- Provide high quality consulting services on all wagering and gaming technical solutions
- Manage and develop high performing team of solution architects and analysts to achieve collaborative outcomes.
- Use analytical thinking and technical domain knowledge to aid in Betting Systems incident and problem management activities, including critical incidents and problems impacting on production Betting Systems service levels.
- Lead in evaluating and prototyping new business enabling technology for competitive advantage.
- Collaborate with project managers, application developers and systems engineers to ensure solutions fit within the overall architectural framework and resolve any conflicts.
- Analyze, design, develop, test and implement complex, high performance, high throughput, and high availability transaction systems for pari-mutuel and fixed odds wagering applications.
- A Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Engineering. Postgraduate qualifications in a technical field is with advantage.
- More than 10-year experience in IT industry, with at least 5-year experience in large scale enterprise level architecture design and system implementation. Relevant experience in the development/ architecture role of a wagering and gaming systems development organizations or software house providing support to the banking and investment industry.
- Hands-on experience in designing transaction processing systems with high scalability, throughput, fault tolerance, recoverability and maintainability.
- Sound experience in production support of high-volume/performance and mission-critical OLTP systems.
- Appropriate industry certification in Architecture.
The candidate is expected to have experience in the architecting of custom large scale, heterogeneous distributed systems. Ideally the candidate will have experience with the following platforms, tools and processes:
- Coding platforms: .Net/C#, SQL
- Relational Database technology: SQL Server(2005/2016), DB performance tuning
- Messaging System awareness: Solace/Tibco
- Cloud platform/technology awareness: Azure, etc.
- The custom software is being built using iterative development processes leveraging DevOps principles at scale to achieve Continuous Integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD). The DevOps tools being used for deployment include Bit Bucket; Jenkins; Urban Code; Jira and associated add-ons and tools.
- Chinese(Cantonese); native.
- English, fluent.
- Hong Kong SAR China
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Manager, Experience Design
Joshua guides and supports Avanade’s junior employees in their paths to create exceptional experience designs for company clients—while also working with clients and stakeholders himself.
Back to top