Group Manager, Data Scientist
As the Data Scientists in the Artificial Intelligence Lab, you will report into the Head of the Artificial Intelligence Practice.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Create and maintain a library of assets and accelerators around the targeted industries (Financial Services, HealthCare, Resources)
- Work with the AI lead architect to understand customer problems and create innovative ML or AI based solutions for them.
- You will work closely with the AI Lead Architect to identify new models, industry trends as well as managing and creating new models and algorithms based on our engagements with our regional customers.
- Engage with client teams in selected industries and clients across the region to create, engage in and deliver successful engagements
- Perform AI lab visits, demos and PoC's leveraging extended teams and client teams
- Continuously manage and monitor model performance and regularly perform updates as necessary
- Perform training and knowledge handover to project teams as well as client teams based on work performed.
Day-to-day you will work in a variety of areas:
Creating Accelerators & Libraries:
- Define and build industry based assets and models that will allow Avanade to accelerate its AI journey.
- Work with target clients to create demos, PoC's and artefacts that are scalable, reusable and demonstrate innovation.
- Define and build a reusable architecture for AI based deployments leveraging the Azure platform as well as Microsoft and Hadoop based on-premise platforms
- Define assets which help client teams to engage with clients across the region in terms of PoV decks, demos, use case definition and engagement methodology
Client Engagement & Regional Interlock:
- Engage with targeted account teams through the Lead AI Architect to understand client problems or brainstorm/design think client objectives and suggest AI based solutions.
- Perform POC's or pilots (first targeted few)
- Engage in solutioning and pre-sales activities engaging with regional teams as well as Global Delivery organisations
- Create estimation templates and client engagement collateral as when a new project gets delivered
- Participate or lead alongwith regional teams AI based roadmap advisory pursuits or advisory based design thinking workshops
Key Role Skill & Capability Requirements:
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- Exposure to any of the following industries - Financial Services, Resources and Healthcare/Public Services
Preferred Education Background:
We're looking for someone with 5-7 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models, has a Master's or PHD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field, and is familiar with the following software/tools:
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.
- Experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages: R, Python, SLQ, etc.
- Experience using web services and also frameworks like TensorFlow, SAS, Microsoft Cognitive Services, Caffe etc.
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc. Deep Learning exposure and knowledge will have an advantage.
- Experience analyzing data from 3rd party providers: Google Analytics, Site Catalyst, Coremetrics, Adwords, Crimson Hexagon, Facebook Insights, etc.
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Gurobi, MySQL, etc.
Preferred Years of Work Experience:
5-7 years of experience of demonstrated capability in the AI space with exposure to Financial Services, Resources, Internet or the Public Services space.
Accountabilities & Metrics:
Accountable For the Data Scientists:
- Offering Portfolio Sales and Revenue Growth
- Ability to quick start an industry & asset based go to market
- Customer Satisfaction
- Ability to create collateral and artefacts in targeted areas and industries
- Assistance to achieve the Sales and Revenue targets
- Model Quality and Model Fitment
- At least 50% chargeability
- Roadmap for AI Lab
- Skill and Capability Readiness
- Knowledge transfer to regions
Requisition ID - 50795
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Manager, Experience Design
Joshua guides and supports Avanade’s junior employees in their paths to create exceptional experience designs for company clients—while also working with clients and stakeholders himself.
Back to top