Group Manager, Cloud Architect
About the role
The Infrastructure Consulting team designs, installs and configures enterprise technology architecture for Avanade clients. Its expertise spans security, availability/fail-over, operating system/compute, storage, database, networking and operations infrastructure, typically involving Microsoft or multi-vendor technologies.
As Group Manager of Infrastructure Consulting, you will lead the design and installation of complex infrastructure solutions. You will work directly with clients to identify opportunities to transform their information technology landscapes and adapt Avanade solutions as business requirements change. With a thorough understanding of both client and Avanade businesses, you will oversee people and project management for projects of moderate to large size and complexity. You will interact frequently with clients to ensure smooth and successful design and implementation of Avanade solutions and also be involved with pre-sales, proposals and marketing/PR initiatives.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Assist in advising clients on overall IT plans, including efficient spending on existing and new technologies and integrating new solutions to create business value
- Help establish partnerships with cross-functional technology and design teams to integrate technology, operations and solution requirements into solutions
- Work with clients to ensure smooth and successful implementation, delivery and deployment of complex solutions
- Define information technology operations, processes, procedures and toolsets to manage and maintain solution requirements
- Manage, evaluate, coach and guide Analyst and Consultant-level team members
- Take an active role in operational and business-development aspects of the consulting practice
- Travel as needed.
You are a seasoned technologist with deep business and consulting experience. Respected by your team, you are adept at clearly communicating client business requirements and motivating your team to deliver. You are excited about assuming a leadership position in a top technology consulting firm and working with the latest technology to solve business problems.
Your technical skillset likely includes:
- Experience in several of the following areas: infrastructure solutions (especially Microsoft), cloud technologies, networking, data center operations, platform migration and enterprise directories
- Experience in operation management, systems security, testing, databases and mobility considerations
- Experience leading technology infrastructure projects .
Your non-technical experience likely includes:
- Consulting with external clients on complex projects, including clients in leadership roles
- Working with global teams and offshore resources
- Communicating and presenting complex information to technical and non-technical stakeholders, both orally and in written form
- Making use of service brokering in project work
- Strong commercial awareness and financial intelligence (such as P&Ls, how decisions impact cost and profit)
- Solid written and spoken English.
It is likely that you have around eight years of relevant systems engineering and/or infrastructure experience and two years of experience managing medium-size teams. International experience is valued. You probably have a Bachelor's Degree in computer science, computer engineering, management information systems, information technology, or a similar field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute for a degree.
You are a stronger candidate with the following certifications: Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA), Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE), The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF), International Association of Software Architects (IASA), Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), or Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA). Project-management certifications from organizations such as the Project Management Institute (PMI) and Projects in Controlled Environments (PRINCE2) are also valued.
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 27,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Years of Experience: 4-8 years of increasingly diverse or complex experience including international environment
Management Experience: 1-2 years of management experience (medium-large sized teams)
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Migration & Deployment
- Infrastructure Architecture
2003 or higher
Proficiency Level - Advanced in 2 areas and Proficient in the others.
- Messaging Mobility
2003 or higher
Advanced in 1 area; Proficient in the others
No certifications required in lieu of work experience. The following certifications may be considered plus factors depending on exact nature of open position: MCSE, MCSA, TOGAF, IASA, ITIL and MTA certifications.
Additional Area, Region or Service Line specific requirement:
Requisition ID - 46596
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Senior Analyst, Business & Technology Integration
Kristin interprets program requirements between the client and her project team to ensure clear communication and customer satisfaction.
Back to top