Group Manager, Business Applications - Advisory
About The Job
Our Infrastructure Services function manages the systems that keep us and our clients ahead of the pack. As a consultant, you will design, install and configure enterprise technology architecture. Your knowledge and technical expertise in systems design will support and respond to client needs.
As a specialist partner to technology and design teams, you will work together to integrate technology, operations and solutions requirements into relevant strategies. Alongside this, you will create supporting documentation, including design, build and operations guides.
Working directly with clients, you will help identify opportunities and manage the transformation to new technology environments. You will also define and set up information technology processes, procedures and toolsets.
Designing and conducting systems integration testing (SIT), component integration testing (CIT), and user acceptance testing (UAT) is a core part of the role, ensuring a smooth transition from testing to implementation, and issue resolution.
Within your team, you will ensure other project team members are leveraging offshore resources. You will also play a key role as mentor, identifying and encouraging the next generation of Avanade technologists.
Since this role is often extremely technical, we look for candidates with a BA in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS, Information Technology, or similar. In some circumstances, a combination of education and experience is acceptable.
Since you will often be working directly with clients, you will need outstanding communication skills. You will be able to make complex infrastructure systems sound simple and interesting. In other words, you will be more interested in showing our clients how well a product works for them than telling them how brilliantly we've made it.
Sr. Consultant must have the hands-on experience with the technologies, the manager must have designed the architecture for the technologies:
• Image creation and automation with Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT)
• Application remediation & MSI package creation with Flexera AdminStudio
• Design Zero Touch Installation deployments with System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
• Design Application Virtualization Infrastructure with Microsoft App-V
• Script automation with PowerShell
• Design Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) with Citrix Platform and Remote Desktop Services
• Design and implement User Profile Management solutions
• Experience with Azure Cloud Platform Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
• Implement mobile device management (MDM) & mobile application management (MAM) with MS Intune
• Knowledge of Cloud identity management, single sign-on (SSO) & directory synchronization with Azure Active Directory
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, marital status or any other protected status. Avanade is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act .
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Joshua C.Manager, Experience Design
Joshua guides and supports Avanade’s junior employees in their paths to create exceptional experience designs for company clients—while also working with clients and stakeholders himself.
Back to top