Global Value Realization Offering Lead
About the role:
Avanade's ambition is to become the market leader for Modern Workplace and Employee Experience transformation and managed services by end of 2021. We help clients to modernize their technology platforms increasing efficiency, responsiveness and security, deliver employee experiences on a par with customer experiences to increase productivity and engagement, re-imagine their business operations to unlock new sources of value and remove cultural barriers that constrain sustainable growth.
To make our ambition a reality we have established the Modern Workplace Market Unit which will be responsible for implementing the Workplace growth strategy and driving increased sales, revenues, capability and reputation. The Market Unit will have two strategic (advisory and technology) offerings called Workplace Platform Modernisation and Value Realisation. These are underpinned by sub offerings spanning strategy, culture, experience, operations and technology transformation and managed services that assist clients with Evergreen IT management through to identification/ realisation of new business value opportunities.
As Global Offering Lead you will be accountable for the overall strategy and business performance of the Workplace Value Realization Offering and sub offerings in your assigned geography. Working closely with the Area and Regional Workplace Market Unit Leads, Workplace Advisory Lead, Global Market Unit Leadership Team, Talent Community, Regional Capability Lead and Global Delivery Network
• Lead the definition and implementation of the Regional Value Realization Offering go to market strategy and business plan, with the aim of establishing Avanade as the Workplace transformation and managed services market leader by FY21, and achieving agreed performance targets
• Own and drive conversion of the Value Realization pipeline in partnership with the Regional Workplace MU lead, Workplace Platform Modernization Offering Lead, Advisory Workplace Lead, OG Leads, Client Account Leads and Partners. You will lead by example through active engagement with clients and conversion of lighthouse deals
• Collaborate with, and educate, account and sales teams to drive Value Realisation sub offerings and propositions to target clients, including all stages of the deal pursuit, review and approval
• Leverage Accenture, Microsoft and ISV partner strategies and plans to increase industry specialism, extend our capabilities, improve campaign alignment and grow pipeline and sales
• Adapt and augment the global Value Realization offering, sub offerings, services, assets, methods and tools so they have positive impact in the Regional market. Contribute to the periodic refresh of the offering and methods portfolio working with the Global Workplace Centre of Excellence
• Assist the MU Delivery Lead with quality assurance and issue resolution where needed to protect engagement commercials and corporate reputation
• Shape the people recruitment, development and top talent retention plan for the Value Realization Offering liaising with Advisory, Regional Capability Lead, recruitment and HR teams so that Avanade has the capability and capacity needed to grow sales, revenues and reputation
• Work with the regional marketing team to design and execute Workplace campaigns, events and communications that drive influence and demand
• Identify, secure funding for, and execute investments needed to enhance Value Realization pipeline, client portfolio, capabilities, sales and revenues in the regional market
• Manage budget against assigned Region metrics; provide forecasting and sales pipeline analysis to support processes
• Travel as dictated by the business.
You are an experienced business technology transformation leader, with a track record of growing a line of business through go to market strategy development, business planning, sales generation and delivery leadership. You also have a track record of developing and growing long term, high value client relationships, with strong influencing and negotiation capabilities. Internally, you enjoy advising leadership teams in the development, production, and promotion of client centric solutions and offerings.
In addition, your professional skillset likely includes:
• A track record of building a business technology transformation or digital transformation business through a combination of new logo wins and expansion of existing engagements using indirect/ direct channels. You will ideally have developed and cultivated C-Level client relationships in technology and business domains
• A track record of delivering complex business technology solutions for client organizations that have contributed directly to, or enabled, improved customer/ employee experience, profitability, responsiveness, reputational enhancement and top talent retention
• Experience of building, developing and retaining talented teams containing a mix of advisory and engineering skills
• Ability to effectively team with peers in a large, matrixed organization, including experience with onshore, near-shore and off-shore delivery teams
• Strong consulting / project-based background, including assessing and managing the opportunity and risk associated with large scale, complex projects
• Knowledge of modern workplace technology platforms and services including Microsoft 365 (Office 365, Windows 10 and Enterprise Mobility + Security), Azure and an appreciation of RPA, AI and MR
• Over 10 years relevant business technology leadership experience, including solution sales creation, delivery and business management, and more than 5 years of demonstrable people and/or business leadership experience, particularly within a consultancy or systems integrator
You also ideally have:
• Shaped, sold and led a portfolio of client engagements focused on three or more of the following topics: Digital/ Workplace Strategy and Transformation; IT Strategy and Transformation or Technology Platform, Applications and Services Modernization; Multi-Speed IT Operating Model; Enterprise Architecture; Workplace Security; Customer and/ or Employee Experience Transformation; business strategy and model design and implementation; business operations transformation (e.g. new product development, sales, service); organizational change management; cost reduction, culture and people strategy
• Contributed to the design, assembly, pricing and delivery of managed IT and business services deals
• Deep industry knowledge covering two or more of the following: Banking, Insurance, Products, Retail, Energy, Utilities, Health and Public Sector
• A Bachelor's degree in business or technology-related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. An advanced degree or MBA is strongly preferred, particularly technical (IT, engineering, or related).
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help fuel transformation and growth for our clients and their customers. Avanade has 30,000 digitally connected people across 24 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Back to top