Global Cybersecurity Solution Architect-Cloud Security-CoE
- Atlanta, GA
For the past few years, Avanade has quietly been earning accolades as one of the world's leading Microsoft security services companies.
Our focus on security has never been greater. Security is no longer a 'nice-to-have.' Our clients expect us to help them with their potential security concerns. The resulting growth of our Global Security Practice is directly tied to the increasing demand for security to be integrated in our deal pursuits.
Avanade brings industry and domain expertise to pragmatically assess, recommend, deploy and manage the most appropriate security propositions (solutions) to help our clients become cyber-compliant and cyber-resilient on the Microsoft ecosystem.
Avanade's Global Security Center of Excellence (CoE) is a pool of client-facing professionals who work on a range of security assignments across the spectrum of Global Solution Areas, ranging from cybersecurity strategy, cybersecurity services and managed cybersecurity. Members of the Security CoE are responsible for the architecture and deployment of Microsoft and third-party security solutions.
The Global Cybersecurity Solution Architect-Cloud Security-COE helps build cloud security solutions using Azure native components and is responsible for deploying, configuring, and maintaining security baselines within the Azure cloud environment.
You are able to set up and manage access to cloud resources using accounts, users, and groups. They are knowledgeable about potential vulnerabilities of virtual machines and container deployment systems, and have the Microsoft Azure Security Engineer (AZ-500) certification (and possibly the Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) certification).
You understand the division of responsibility for designing and maintaining a secure cloud environment.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Participating in pre-sales cloud security architecture of designs and solutions and be a part of delivery deliver team as well
- Balancing work between 1) delivering pre-sales designs and value propositions; and 2) delivery components (mainly until architecting & onboarding cloud security controls)
- Determining Azure architectural standards and best practices for our clients' cloud environments
- Planning, configuring, deploying, and optimizing Microsoft Azure security-based solutions
- Working closely with our data and application security teams to design best-in-class Azure implementations
- Working independently and in concert with others to architect solutions that have a measurable impact on security value, service management and client satisfaction
- Coordinating with the client and key stakeholders to gather requirements and design the solutions to support those requirements
- 2-4 years of cloud security experience across multi-cloud (Azure, AWS, GCP) in defining cloud security strategy and architecture for monitoring entire cloud security principles
- Strong experience in implementing Azure native services across Iaas, PaaS and/or SaaS Solutions
- Expert level experience with scripting (PowerShell preferred)
- Experience in SaaS based solutions mainly on D365, 0365 cloud security controls
- Experience in Identity & Access domain controls, data security, Encryption methods
- Experience of understanding and implementing Zero Trust framework on Azure platform
- Developing and updating cloud templates, standards, and best practices to be used by multiple cloud projects
- Strong foundation across Microsoft Azure technology stack and Azure security offerings and the ability to communicate security and risk-related concepts
- Standardizing Azure Security best practices, processes, and procedures
- Providing strategic and technical leadership for client teams establishing cloud infrastructure design, migrating data centers to cloud, developing infrastructure as code, or deploying cloud solutions
- Experience implementing Azure IaaS, PaaS, and/or SaaS solutions
- Experience with virtual machine, containerization, and serverless concepts and tools
- Experience in integrating the whole Microsoft cloud stack of tools to Azure Sentinel and Azure Security Center
- Designing and advising against security requirements to support cloud migration efforts
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the Microsoft Azure stack including (at a minimum) PaaS, IaaS, Storage, SQL, NSGs, Redis, VNETs, Availability Zones, Azure Traffic Manager and Azure Active Directory
- Knowledge and experience with networking concepts including subnetting, routing, routing protocols, firewalls, and traffic managers (both local and global)
- Familiarity with the Cloud Security Alliance and other industry frameworks and configuration standards
- Understanding of CIS benchmarks for Azure cloud foundations
- Ability to rapidly understand client's business strategies and possess the capability to apply creative problem-solving skills to deliver high impact solutions to meet their business needs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to rapidly understand clients' business strategies and possess the capability to apply creative problem-solving skills to deliver high impact solutions to meet their business needs
Back to top