Future Opportunity: Technology Management Consultant - Energy & Utilities
- Rugby, United Kingdom
Want to create value with digital and turn your ideas into human impact? So do we.
There's one in every group-the person who dreams big and has the motivation to bring their ideas to life, even as others might roll their eyes and prefer to play it safe. Are you that person? One who isn't afraid to break the mould and who is passionate about the power of digital to transform organisations and ways of working? Because we are building teams of people like that to help our clients unlock the power they need now and own what's next.
At Avanade Advisory, we are breaking apart the traditional process of setting strategies and goals first, then finding technologies to achieve them. In the digital age, there's no time for that linear process. We partner with clients to accelerate value from digital innovation by being ambitious, imaginative - and fast. We think big and deliver personally. We relentlessly challenge, inspire, and support our clients and each other.
Want the agility and energy of a start-up, backed by the resources of Accenture, Microsoft and the Center for Information Systems Research at MIT Sloan School of Management? Here you will find a team of people who thrive on turning ideas and innovations into breakthrough results for leading organisations around the world. Ultimately, we're not just making business better. We're making life better for our clients and their customers.
If that sounds like you, you sound good to us. Find your next opportunity at Avanade Advisory.
You understand the vital role that relationships play in building trust and that technology plays in transforming businesses, quickly spotting and sharing opportunities that others might miss. You use your persuasive interpersonal skills to influence other leaders, work with business development & sales, run procurement and move your clients' businesses forward.
About the Job
Building the application of different propositions for Energy & Utilities sector, you will develop our pipeline and sales across Advisory. You will not only have a broad wealth of technology knowledge; you'll have sector experience that will allow you to share your insights in a way that others can easily understand. You'll be opening your client's eyes to the possibilities of digital transformation and guiding them through the process. You're the authority on assessing needs, no matter how they're expressed, and pulling together innovative solutions with the assistance of your Advisory peers to enable repeatability of the solution.
As a Group Manager, we're looking to you to advance our knowledge in the Energy & Utilities sector, as well as our clients' enablement of technology, people and process. You will help the business development teams to learn more about our clients' business - helping work out solutions for problems across their technology, applications, processes and capabilities. You'll also lead teams' efforts in building strategies that people will support and deliver.
In this role, you will:
• Work with a group of Business Developers within our Energy & Utilities team on developing new Advisory opportunities
• Build an understanding of client and competitor business models, leading with consultative selling that generates an Advisory sales and delivery pipeline
• Advise clients on customer-related digital challenges, opportunities and initiatives, with a focus on IT Strategy and Transformation, Customer and Employee Experience Transformation, Data & Analytics and Automation & Artificial Intelligence.
• Help leadership and other project partners make informed decisions and navigate complex challenges
• Tailor propositions to take to market across the Energy & Utilities sector
• Drive solution creation for specific opportunities that may include parts from multiple capabilities
• Be the overall client liaison as part of the project teams on large-scale, complex and important projects
You've got proven skills in growing client intimacy directly and with sales teams to become a trusted advisor to a client. You will have experience in sales; pre-sales or consulting within the Energy & Utilities sector. You probably have a good understanding of the Microsoft eco-system.
You have at least six years of experience in IT transformation strategy, architecture and operating models, with at least four years as a manager. Using your strong business insight, you encourage and lead teams, budgets and business targets.
Ideally, your experience includes:
• Selling as a team - either as the lead, account manager, business development, pre-sales or consulting
• Crafting new propositions for specific markets or sectors - often built upon or tailoring existing propositions
• Co-creating account and marketing plans
• Running all parts of a project from balancing budgets to leading teams
• Explaining complex technologies and concepts in a non-technical language
• Understanding and supporting the procurement cycle
Disclaimer: This position is a future opportunity within Avanade. We are actively recruiting and interviewing for this position, however will not be extending offers at the present time.
The outbreak and spread of COVID-19 has created uncertainty for many, and during this period Avanade is focused on the personal safety and well-being of our employees and candidates. The good news is that Avanade is a 38,000-person organisation that depends on new ways of working every day and we've been relying on our workplace experience to empower our employees - wherever they're working - for 20 years now. Thanks to our workplace platforms - the likes of Office 365, Microsoft Teams, SharePoint and more - we've been able to continue delivering work seamlessly and connecting with talent to explore opportunities for tomorrow.
What does that mean for you? It means you can apply and interview virtually, via video, for a future career opportunity without pressure to make a decision. It means that you will have the chance to connect with leaders and hiring managers at your own pace.
We encourage you to speak candidly with your recruiter about your career aspirations and expectations throughout this recruiting process. In return, we are committed to being transparent with you about our intent and goals around this position.
Back to top