Future Opportunity: Sitecore Architect
- Abilene, TX
As an Enterprise Architect, you will assess, design, implement, and support information technology architectures, such as the Microsoft Ecosystem. You'll work on projects spanning from simple IT projects to large-scale, enterprise-level charge programs while exercising DevOps and Agility to find the best solution possible for your client.
Day-to-day you will:
- Conduct architecture assessments and define solutions.
- Design, build, deliver and run enterprise solutions using Sitecore and the Microsoft Ecosystem (i.e., development, operations, execution, and support)
- Lead and review the team's work across all phases of Avanade projects (Plan, Analyze, Design, Build and Test)
- Collaborate in all the different project phases, from defining technical, operational and user requirements, through to planning, quality control and testing
- Provide architecture Quality Assurance reviews for proposals and ongoing engagements
- Take responsibility for various initiatives, including work estimation, planning, partner management, and group management
- Develop long-term technology strategies centered on client business objectives
- Identify services that will improve performance, enhance support, and increase capabilities
- Develop standard methodologies for customer support and tools for team
- Working closely with our Talent Communities acting as a SME in Azure Application Architecture and solutions, supporting our teams with their capability development and skills growth.
- Work with global and offshore teams
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with delivery center solution architects and contributing to the Avanade collaboration community.
- Proven experience developing solutions with Sitecore 9 / 8
- Participate in internal briefings on Azure and Azure Stack, to build awareness across Avanade, Accenture and Microsoft relating to the services that the COE can deliver.
- Demonstrated experience developing solutions with C#/.Net
- Advanced skills in analyzing, crafting, developing, implementing and maintaining application code in a variety of contexts
- Advanced skills in developing client-based and/or web-based software solutions
- Demonstrated experience about application development, complex code development, application testing, component design
- Experience leading software development-focused projects
- Experience consulting to external clients on complex projects, including in leadership roles
- Experience leading global teams on projects including offshore teams to facilitate project work
- Demonstrated excellence in communicating and presenting complex information to technical and non-technical partners, both verbally and in written form
- Strong commercial awareness and financial intelligence (e.g., P&Ls, how decisions impact cost, profit, etc.)
- Solid written and spoken communication skills
- Experience with Agile methodologies (eg. Scrum)
- Experience with DevOps practices
- Sitecore Certified (V 9 / 8) preferred
- You will likely possess a Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS or related field
- You likely have about 2-5+ years of relevant professional experience
- You will likely have a minimum of 2 years of experience managing medium sized teams
Important Note about this Future Opportunity:
We are actively recruiting and interviewing for this 'Future Opportunity' position, however will not be extending offers at the present time.
The outbreak and spread of COVID-19 has created uncertainty for many, and during this period Avanade is focused on the personal safety and well-being of our employees and candidates. The good news is that Avanade is a 38,000-person organization that depends on new ways of working every day and we've been relying on our workplace experience to empower our employees - wherever they're working - for 20 years now. Thanks to our workplace platforms - the likes of Office 365, Microsoft Teams, SharePoint and more - we've been able to continue delivering work seamlessly and connecting with talent to explore opportunities for tomorrow.
What does that mean for you? It means you can apply and interview virtually, via video, for a future career opportunity without pressure to make a decision. It means that you will have the chance to connect with leaders and hiring managers at your own pace.
We encourage you to speak candidly with your recruiter about your career aspirations and expectations throughout this recruiting process. In return, we are committed to being transparent with you about our intent and goals around this position.
Back to top