RECRUITING FOR THE FUTURE
This posting is for a future job opportunity.
To support the needs of our clients, Avanade is actively recruiting and interviewing for the role outlined below, as we continue to build on another year of growth in our business. Now, with more than 60,000 employees around the globe, we are positioning our organization to effectively prepare for the future. What does this mean for you? We encourage you to apply and interview for this role without the need to decide now. This allows you to connect with leaders and hiring managers at a pace that works for you and when roles become available, you will be the first know.
Do You Always Deliver What You've Promised? So Do We.
At the heart of every great technology solution is a great Delivery Lead who always strives to deliver quality projects on time and within budget, all while meeting stakeholder expectations.
You balance a strategic outlook with an organized focus on day-to-day activities and changing demands. Your business, delivery, and technical acumen align with your excellent teamwork, communication, and negotiating skills. As a Delivery Lead, you lead complex project teams and/or programs where you will be accountable for the overall delivery, leadership, planning, and delivery completion of assigned projects/programs. In this role, you are responsible for the successful delivery of the agreed services and corresponding customer satisfaction. Additionally, you directly contribute to sales pursuit development of new or existing opportunities. You are expected to contribute to both selling the extension of existing work, as well as the development of new opportunities. As a leader, you may also serve as a Career Manager or provide technical expertise and mentorship to colleagues.
About the Role
The lifecycle of an Avanade project runs from planning to sales through to delivery execution and closure with potential stops and challenges in between. As a Delivery Lead in our delivery capability, you contribute to or are responsible for key delivery activities. Your strong management, people, and communication skills are at the heart of every project. You work across different businesses and borders while creating and implementing effective plans that meet operational goals. Your multi-faceted role draws on your business knowledge to manage scope, schedule, budget, quality & risks, monitoring, and reporting to enable a timely and effective response to any risks or issues. You build and lead a collaborative team to engage and support front-line operations, forge strong client and partner relationships, and manage internal and external stakeholder expectations.
* Lead the delivery of the contracted solution on the program and/or project level with the assigned team at the agreed upon terms, original deal economics, schedule, and quality level
* Manage understanding of stakeholder goals and expectations, address misalignments, monitor the program to meet/exceed the agreed expectations, and communicate back to the customer
* Lead project large delivery teams, inclusive of offshore and near shore workforces including performance development, management, and prioritization of resources across project tasks and responsibilities
* Lead and manage the development, implementation, and maintenance of an accurate Project Work Plan, including approval for the project's estimated schedule, effort, cost, and traceability of requirements to contract
* Lead, develop, and manage project governance processes and structures to ensure desired outcomes across projects, including escalations and delivery issues with client and internally
* Manage project risks, issues, dependencies, and key decisions as necessary and obtain buy-in from senior management for critical project plans, commitments, and changes
* Contribute to new or existing sales pursuits supporting the solution planning and deal shaping process that will help drive business value for our customers
* Contribute to the strategic direction of change management activities for a project as required
* Management of relationships with project and/or program suppliers and subcontractors
You are a dynamic, motivated self-starter who enables change around you. You think and work systematically and logically, and your strong communication, organization, and negotiating skills are backed up by technical skills and knowledge.
Your Skills and Experience Include:
* Key Project/Program Management disciplines (estimating, work planning, contract management, scope management, user acceptance, etc.)
* Implementing Waterfall, Agile, and Hybrid software development methodology
* Managing project financial details, including forecasting and budget variance reporting
* Customer expectations management
* Executive Presence and Communication
Your Technical Skills and Knowledge:
* Demonstrated experience leading or contributing to project delivery methods, tools, and techniques on projects that include Microsoft digital transformation technologies such as Microsoft Azure Cloud Infrastructure, Security, SharePoint, Windows 10, Office 365, Power Platform, Analytics & Artificial Intelligence, or Dynamics 365
* Experience in Microsoft Project and Microsoft Azure DevOps
Other Skills and Knowledge:
* Demonstrated ability to think and work systematically and logically
* Results-driven and ability to lead change in an unstructured environment
* Advanced communication skills in both oral and written communication
* Demonstrate people management leadership skills, including the ability to lead a team and mentor
* Advanced client interface and presentation skills with business acumen understanding
* Effective negotiation skills
* Organizational and time management skills
* Customer-oriented attitude and good interpersonal skills
You likely have a Bachelor's degree in Business or a technology-related field, and we would really like it if you are a Project Management Institute certified Project Management Professional and SAFe Certified. You also have demonstrated experience in managing teams and large-complex programs and projects.