Future Opportunity: Senior Cloud Application Architect
- Abilene, TX
Do you love living in the cloud? So do we!
ABOUT THE ROLE
In this role you will have the opportunity to be part of digital transformation while being surrounded by people who are passionate and strategic about building modern applications that using the industry's leading technologies. You will learn our client's business, organization, systems, challenges and goals, and then utilize that knowledge to work with a team to deliver exceptional results!
We are passionate about helping companies develop solutions that increase their bottom line!
YOU ARE INVOLVED WITH THE FOLLOWING:
- Azure enterprise-level projects that design and deploy cloud environments for hosting business application services
- Designing, testing, and implementing application services migrations in both a manual and automated manner
- Working closely with client operational resources in updating their on-premise practices to include cloud
- Managed a combination of on-shore and off-shore resources
- Working closely with application, network, and security teams to ensure requirements are reflected appropriately in the Azure design
- Travel to client locations as needed
- You are a go-to Enterprise Cloud authority and domain expert with Azure or AWS
- You engage your clients and build trust among peers
- You are passionate about building solutions that are best of breed
YOUR EXPERIENCE INCUDES:
- At least five years of experience in a lead role where you contribute to the application architecture
- Five plus years of experience in building or running distributed/scalable solutions on any of the recognized Cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Alibaba etc.)
- Seven plus years of working with clients to develop a digital transformation roadmap
- Expert knowledge of design patterns and DevOps standard methodologies
- Expert knowledge and experience in advanced integration tools:
AWESOME IF YOU HAVE THE FOLLOWING SKILLS:
- Hands-on Creation of Terraform/Cloud-Formation/ARM templates
- Strong Knowledge of Public and Private Cloud beyond IaaS (Knowledge of service offerings including serverless)
- Should be strong in designing security and compliance
- Experience dealing with cloud workloads, infrastructure and application architecture, data ingestion architecture, data storage and transformations, data analytics, serverless function/application design, micro-services, DEVOPS
- Experience of migrating On-premise work loads into Public cloud
- SME with ongoing new developments in public cloud technologies and educate clients
- Preferred certifications: Any of the following: AWS Certified Architect, Microsoft Azure Certified Architect, Cloud Architecture Certifications
Important Note about this Future Opportunity:
We are actively recruiting and interviewing for this 'Future Opportunity' position, however will not be extending offers at the present time.
The outbreak and spread of COVID-19 has created uncertainty for many, and during this period Avanade is focused on the personal safety and well-being of our employees and candidates. The good news is that Avanade is a 38,000-person organization that depends on new ways of working every day and we've been relying on our workplace experience to empower our employees - wherever they're working - for 20 years now. Thanks to our workplace platforms - the likes of Office 365, Microsoft Teams, SharePoint and more - we've been able to continue delivering work seamlessly and connecting with talent to explore opportunities for tomorrow.
What does that mean for you? It means you can apply and interview virtually, via video, for a future career opportunity without pressure to make a decision. It means that you will have the chance to connect with leaders and hiring managers at your own pace.
We encourage you to speak candidly with your recruiter about your career aspirations and expectations throughout this recruiting process. In return, we are committed to being transparent with you about our intent and goals around this position.
Back to top