Future Opportunity: Senior Back-End Software Engineer
- Chicago, IL
As a Senior Back-End Software Engineer, you will develop and automate business functionality of enterprise systems using primarily Microsoft technologies. You will employ modern DevOps engineering practices to implement both cloud and on-premise solutions for clients.
You will enable modern application transformation while being surrounded by people who are passionate about building modern applications that demonstrate leading technologies. You will learn our client's business, organization, systems, challenges and goals, and utilize that knowledge on a team to deliver outstanding results.
Day to Day,You will
- Build and automate the features and services that model complex business problems and power enterprise-scale systems
- Implement APIs and Microservices, integrating with external systems, including database design, data access, and ORMs
- Develop scalable cloud-based solutions, considering security and performance
- Harness modern development and DevOps practices including CI/CD, containerization, and automated testing
- Support the design, development, modification, maintenance and evaluation of applications
- Support teams in evaluating detailed requirements
- Prepare and obtain approval of system design documentation
- Recommend changes in development, maintenance, and system standards
- Lead multi-functional product development teams to design, develop, and improve software assets that meet or exceed internal and external (customer) expectations, and meet requirements for product functionality, cost, and delivery schedules
- Apply knowledge to build an environment that fosters accountability, quality, commitment, growth, innovation, and supporting sales processes as needed
- Experience is preferred in the following technical areas. (Note that not all areas are strictly required.)
- Programming: C# / .Net
- Service Development: RESTful APIs, Microservices,ASP.Net Core, Azure API Management, Azure API Apps
- Microsoft Azure: Compute, Storage and PaaS services (Web Apps, Cognitive Services, App Services, Logic Apps, Azure Functions, Service Bus)
- Data: Microsoft SQL Server, Azure SQL, Entity Framework/CosmosDB, DynamoDB, MySQL, MongoDB
- Containers: Docker, Kubernetes
- DevOps: Git, Azure DevOps, Maven, Jenkins
- You are a hardworking software engineer who is able to communicate complex concepts with clarity to non-technical audiences. While passionate about technology, you have a strong business sensibility and an ability to connect well with clients
- You are comfortable analyzing, designing, developing, implementing and maintaining application code in a variety of contexts
- You are comfortable developing cloud and/or on-premise web-based software solutions with complex application development and testing
- You have a proven ability to connect with external clients
- You have experience working with global teams
Preferred Years of Experience: 3-5 years of experience in software engineering with Microsoft technologies
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Management Information Systems, or related field is required
Management Experience: None required
Important Note about this Future Opportunity:
We are actively recruiting and interviewing for this 'Future Opportunity' position, however will not be extending offers at the present time.
The outbreak and spread of COVID-19 has created uncertainty for many, and during this period Avanade is focused on the personal safety and well-being of our employees and candidates. The good news is that Avanade is a 38,000-person organization that depends on new ways of working every day and we've been relying on our workplace experience to empower our employees - wherever they're working - for 20 years now. Thanks to our workplace platforms - the likes of Office 365, Microsoft Teams, SharePoint and more - we've been able to continue delivering work seamlessly and connecting with talent to explore opportunities for tomorrow.
What does that mean for you? It means you can apply and interview virtually, via video, for a future career opportunity without pressure to make a decision. It means that you will have the chance to connect with leaders and hiring managers at your own pace.
We encourage you to speak candidly with your recruiter about your career aspirations and expectations throughout this recruiting process. In return, we are committed to being transparent with you about our intent and goals around this position.
Back to top