Future Opportunity: SAP on Azure Cloud Architect
- Chicago, IL
SAP on Azure Architect
About the role:
Do you love living in the cloud? So do we!
Growing Cloud in the market is a strategic priority for Avanade. The focus of this role is continued growth building on Azure within an SAP architecture. As an SAP on Azure Cloud Architect you will build balanced and sustainable concepts for our customers, implementing technological developments of the Cloud area in close coordination with the portfolio management. In this Senior role, you will also support customers in building modern, powerful application systems through consulting, architecture and implementation of sophisticated software applications. You will apply knowledge of Azure and SAP to create and deploy innovative solutions to our clients. You will develop relationships with key stakeholders to help them achieve their business goals.
Day to day you will:
• Actively shape and implement innovative Cloud and Azure solutions with Microsoft technologies for our clients in SAP environments
• Define the technological standards for SAP architecture and the Cloud Azure environment.
• Work throughout the entire project cycle - from the analysis of the requirements, through the compilation of the duties, design, implementation, testing and documentation
• Undertake professional and technical reviews to ensure a convincing quality outcome and in this role we travel to client locations as needed
You enjoy cloud architecture and are serious about enabling clients to take maximum advantage of cloud services and offerings. Clients see you as a trusted adviser with extensive knowledge of the Azure platform. Ideally, you are familiar with SAP and have had some experience or exposure to SAP Landscape Architecture. You have held previous roles in large-scale enterprise transformation programs and demonstrated experience in multi-vendor, multi-tower programs, including partnering with Microsoft!
• Active Knowledge of Microsoft Azure (Data Lakes, PowerBI, API Management, RPA, Service Bus, Logic Apps, etc)
• Developing, architecting and implementing Microsoft Azure Solutions, including Azure Active Directory, Network Setup, Azure Virtual Machines, Azure Storage and more.
• Knowledge of SAP Architecture (ECC, Suite on HANA, S/4HANA, BW on HANA, BW/4HANA, etc)
• Knowledge of Databases used with SAP (specifically, SQL Server, SAP Sybase ASE and SAP HANA)
• Experience with agile procedures (e.g. SCRUM)
• Good understanding of project financials, P&Ls, etc. considered beneficial
• Skills in analyzing, designing and developing client-based and/or web-based software solutions
• Polished communications skills and ability to communicate technical and business concepts to a variety of audiences
You likely have a Bachelor's of Science or equivalent degree in computer science or related field, and at least 5 years of professional experience in the IT sector. You enjoy working with global and offshore teams in a fast-paced and ever-dynamic environment.
Important Note about this Future Opportunity:
We are actively recruiting and interviewing for this 'Future Opportunity' position, however will not be extending offers at the present time.
The outbreak and spread of COVID-19 has created uncertainty for many, and during this period Avanade is focused on the personal safety and well-being of our employees and candidates. The good news is that Avanade is a 38,000-person organization that depends on new ways of working every day and we've been relying on our workplace experience to empower our employees - wherever they're working - for 20 years now. Thanks to our workplace platforms - the likes of Office 365, Microsoft Teams, SharePoint and more - we've been able to continue delivering work seamlessly and connecting with talent to explore opportunities for tomorrow.
What does that mean for you? It means you can apply and interview virtually, via video, for a future career opportunity without pressure to make a decision. It means that you will have the chance to connect with leaders and hiring managers at your own pace.
We encourage you to speak candidly with your recruiter about your career aspirations and expectations throughout this recruiting process. In return, we are committed to being transparent with you about our intent and goals around this position.
Back to top