Future Opportunity: Microsoft 365 Enterprise Mobility & Security SME
- Waltham, MA
We are looking for a customer focused, analytical, and high energy Security Engineering consultants to join our team who will be responsible for delivering Security projects to our client base in Avanade's Northeast footprint. The Security Engineer will handle the technical aspects of supporting & onboarding customers and client partners to the Microsoft cloud with a focus on Azure Active Directory, M365 / O365 & IAM. This role entails providing proactive mentorship and remediation assistance, and as the technical consultant you will drive the technical execution and delivery of projects.
Key business metrics & responsibilities will include:
- Execute, manage, and lead customers & partners thru the onboarding process by providing remote mentorship and following standard methodologies
- Utilize your demonstrated technical ability and leadership to assist with resolution of issues and removing any adoption blockers
- Assist customers and partners with configuration of onboarding tools and processes
- Analyze, develop, and communicate key onboarding process and technology improvement feedback for the development/engineering teams in order to improve the entire deployment cycle
- Develop, foster, and maintain effective working relationships with various groups within the organization including engineering, account teams, enterprise services\support, and partner teams to deliver key business metrics
- Good communication skills to effectively drive recommendations and prioritize across various customers, partners, senior leaders, and organization boundaries
- Teammate and collaborator with excellent follow up and documentation skills. Must be able to work and develop a positive relationship with customers of various size and complexity
- Ambitious engaging individual with a confirmed history of demonstrated technical ability and leadership.
- Ability to resolve root cause of technical issues either on own or in a collaborative scenario. Strong problem-solving skills are necessary
- Knowledge of cloud-based technologies and able to explain why cloud computing is transforming positive change across industries
- Ability to manage time effectively and accurately maintain a weekly schedule of customer engagements
- Must be comfortable with ambiguity and open to change while striving for clarity to drive positive business impact
- Hands-on experience with Active Directory, DNS, Group Policy, PowerShell. ADFS and Identity experience is a plus
- Windows Server administrative experience, including one or more of the following: Windows Server 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2
- Microsoft Exchange Server experience, including one or more of the following: Exchange 2010, 2013, 2016. And Exchange specific experience should include an understanding of mail transport protocols (POP/IMAP/SMTP), DNS records (CNAME, MX, SPF), Message Tracing, Malware/Spam Filtering, and networking fundamentals
- Working experience administering mobile devices on at least one of these platforms: Android, iOS, Blackberry, or Windows Mobile. Experience with at least one of these MDM platforms is preferred: AirWatch, Intune, Mobile Iron
- Demonstrable experience configuring mail clients (Outlook Desktop, mobile clients) and trouble-shooting connectivity
- Windows Desktop OS experience: Windows 7, 8.1, and/or Windows 10. Knowledge of Microsoft Office 2013 or 2016 is also recommended
- Ability to trouble-shoot technical issues up through tier 2
- Above all - the desire and ability to learn is key, and more important than previous experience with a long list of technologies
- I&AM, ADFS, IIS, SCCM, Network Firewall experience. Microsoft Cloud technologies: Azure Active Directory, Office 365
- Microsoft Office Suite Deployment
- SharePoint, Microsoft Teams and Skype for Business Administrative experience
- MacOS experience
- Mailbox migration experience with GroupWise and/or Lotus Notes
- Microsoft certifications: MCSA Office 365 or MCSA/MCSE in another discipline
- Willingness to travel up to 80%, or as needed, to support client engagements
Candidates must be open to 80% travel within the Northeast regional footprint (NYC/NJ, Boston, Philly, Hartford) - Travel is based on client/project need.
Important Note about this Future Opportunity:
We are actively recruiting and interviewing for this 'Future Opportunity' position, however will not be extending offers at the present time.
The outbreak and spread of COVID-19 has created uncertainty for many, and during this period Avanade is focused on the personal safety and well-being of our employees and candidates. The good news is that Avanade is a 38,000-person organization that depends on new ways of working every day and we've been relying on our workplace experience to empower our employees - wherever they're working - for 20 years now. Thanks to our workplace platforms - the likes of Office 365, Microsoft Teams, SharePoint and more - we've been able to continue delivering work seamlessly and connecting with talent to explore opportunities for tomorrow.
What does that mean for you? It means you can apply and interview virtually, via video, for a future career opportunity without pressure to make a decision. It means that you will have the chance to connect with leaders and hiring managers at your own pace.
We encourage you to speak candidly with your recruiter about your career aspirations and expectations throughout this recruiting process. In return, we are committed to being transparent with you about our intent and goals around this position.
Back to top