Future Opportunity: IAM Security Engineer
- Waltham, MA
Do you know how to stop a sophisticated cyber threat? So do we.
Fortune 500 companies don't need more cyber security : they need better cyber security . That's where you come in. Working with us, you can help to protect some of the world's biggest companies and keep their assets safe and secure.
About the job
You recognize cyber security is the management of cyber risk associated with people, process, technology and data. You understand the risks businesses face and how to use the Microsoft Ecosystem to design "Zero Trust - Identity and Data Centric" solutions that will mitigate these risks and ensure compliance. You're an astute advisor on Security Transformation, Security Strategy and Security Operations (SOC). As a Cyber Security Manager, you can effectively lead technical and non-technical teams.
Day to day, your work is to:
- Advise clients on the security implications of compliance and regulations such as OSFI, ISO, NIST, PCI, PIPEDA, GDPR etc.
- Carry out threat and risk assessments (TRAs) and develop security architecture to mitigate threats
- Lead and conduct threat modeling activities during Secure Development Lifecycle (SDL)
- Be the "Trusted Advisor" on best practices to protect information
- Actively lead multiple engagements simultaneously and seamlessly
- Mentor junior consultants
- Actively seek and nurture opportunities for business development.
- Lead response to RFPs, scope security programs and assist in closing sales opportunities.
- Actively participate in development of cyber security offerings.
You're passionate about understanding or discovering security vulnerabilities and aspire to be the "Trusted Advisor." You know all about identifying, providing and validating security requirements of IT solutions, and you've done this in a consulting environment. You're a skilled communicator who can effectively articulate cyber security risks to technical and non-technical audiences.
You probably have a Bachelor's degree in technical discipline such as (Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Mathematics etc.) and preferably, a Master's degree in Science, Engineering or Business. You have several years (7 plus) of consulting experience in systems and infrastructure engineering, focused on Cyber security.
Your skills and experience include:
- Methods and identification tools for risks and security threats
- Knowledge of information security standards (OSFI, ISO, NIST, PCI, PIPEDA, GDPR etc.)
- Proficiency in operating systems, database platforms, web technologies, firewalls and programming languages
- Excellent communication skills in written and oral English
- Giving effective advice in large-scale technology projects while working at all levels - with clients and your team.
- Strong technical skills to design and implement O365 Security services with hands on experience on several of the items outlined below:
- Managing identity and access in the Microsoft Cloud:
- Secure Hybrid environments (AD Connect and authentication)
- Azure AD Self-service password reset, Azure AD access reviews)
- Azure AD App Registration
- Azure AD Directory roles
- Authentication Methods (sign-on security, multi-factor authentication (MFA), device sign-on methods, Azure Seamless SSO, ADFS, ADFS Proxy, PHS and PTA)
- Azure AD Conditional Access (Compliance and conditional access policies, device compliance policy, conditional access policy)
- Role-based access control (RBAC)
- Azure AD Privileged Identity Management (PIM)
- Azure AD Identity Protection (User risk policy and sign-in risk policy)
- Azure ATP (Plan and implementation threat protection)
- Advanced knowledge designing, supporting, and upgrading Active Directory environments (Authentication, Authorization, Group Policy Objects, LDAP, PKI, DNS, ADFS, MIM/PAM, LAPS, etc.)
- Experience with domain migrations and consolidations: Merger and Acquisition projects (M&A)
- An understanding of the interdependencies in migration projects (user, workstation, application, network, directory, cloud).
- Knowledge of Red Forest (Enhanced Security Administrative Environment)
- Identity Lifecycle Management
- Knowledge of SAML, OpenID Connect, OAuth, JSON, SPML, SCIM, XACML integration standards.
- Understanding of REST and SOA fundamentals and design.
- Good to have experience with the following Identity and Access Management products: Sailpoint IdentityIQ, CyberArk, ForgeRock, Ping, Okta and Saviynt
One or more of the following:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP)
- GIAC Certified
- MCSE Core Infrastructure
Key Job Requirements:
Willingness to travel up to 80%, or as needed, to support client engagements
Important Note about this Future Opportunity:
We are actively recruiting and interviewing for this 'Future Opportunity' position, however will not be extending offers at the present time.
The outbreak and spread of COVID-19 has created uncertainty for many, and during this period Avanade is focused on the personal safety and well-being of our employees and candidates. The good news is that Avanade is a 38,000-person organization that depends on new ways of working every day and we've been relying on our workplace experience to empower our employees - wherever they're working - for 20 years now. Thanks to our workplace platforms - the likes of Office 365, Microsoft Teams, SharePoint and more - we've been able to continue delivering work seamlessly and connecting with talent to explore opportunities for tomorrow.
What does that mean for you? It means you can apply and interview virtually, via video, for a future career opportunity without pressure to make a decision. It means that you will have the chance to connect with leaders and hiring managers at your own pace.
We encourage you to speak candidly with your recruiter about your career aspirations and expectations throughout this recruiting process. In return, we are committed to being transparent with you about our intent and goals around this position.
Back to top