Future Opportunity: Front-end Developer
- Abilene, TX
Do you want to put companies back in control of their code? So do we.
You take the best from open-source applications to create bespoke solutions that are both innovative and agile.
About the Role
As a client-facing Front-end Web Developer, you'll have the opportunity to learn our client's business, their organization, systems, challenges, and goals. You'll partner directly with client(s) to define and clarify requirements, then work with your team to build accurate project and task estimates to deliver outstanding client results.
As an expert Web Developer, you'll work on the server-side and User Interface (UI) area of an enterprise trading platform application with pluggable asset classes for users to interact with. You'll help to modernize trade flow, integrate legacy systems, support different order types and leverage better infrastructure.
Day-To-Day, You will:
- Deliver outstanding client results and project success
- Consistently develop and deliver high-quality, low-defect features on schedule
- Lead by example through the implementation of meaningful and complex components
- Ensure quality through adherence to technical standard methodology, mentorship, feedback and paired programming
- Potentially work part-time or full-time at your client's site
- Travel, as necessary
You're passionate about the latest in FinTech and modern web development. You're personable and enthusiastic, looking to join a team of others like you. You likely have experience as a consultant, working with external clients on a regular basis.
Your Technical and Business Skillsets Include:
- Single Page Application design (ex. React.js, Angular, Knockout)
- Computer Science (CS) and development fundamentals, including Object Oriented Programming (OOP)
- Being comfortable in a general-purpose language preferred: C#, Java, or Python
- You likely have a Computer Science degree or equivalent background and 2 or more years of web development experience
Important Note about this Future Opportunity:
We are actively recruiting and interviewing for this 'Future Opportunity' position, however will not be extending offers at the present time.
The outbreak and spread of COVID-19 has created uncertainty for many, and during this period Avanade is focused on the personal safety and well-being of our employees and candidates. The good news is that Avanade is a 38,000-person organization that depends on new ways of working every day and we've been relying on our workplace experience to empower our employees - wherever they're working - for 20 years now. Thanks to our workplace platforms - the likes of Office 365, Microsoft Teams, SharePoint and more - we've been able to continue delivering work seamlessly and connecting with talent to explore opportunities for tomorrow.
What does that mean for you? It means you can apply and interview virtually, via video, for a future career opportunity without pressure to make a decision. It means that you will have the chance to connect with leaders and hiring managers at your own pace.
We encourage you to speak candidly with your recruiter about your career aspirations and expectations throughout this recruiting process. In return, we are committed to being transparent with you about our intent and goals around this position.
Back to top